ALBA is the national synchrotron light source, a large research infrastructure based on an electron synchrotron, ten operating beamlines, three more under construction, and complementary facilities. The light produced by 3 GeV electrons is used by thousands of researchers to analyse and understand the properties of matter, covering a huge variety of fields, as health, energy production and storage, environmental problems, communication technologies, cultural heritage.
ALBA faces the post-corona era starting-up the evolution towards the 4th generation, which will produce a more brilliant and coherent source, new beamlines, advanced data analytics, all together enhancing the facility capacities of providing answers to societal challenges.
Located in Cerdanyola del Vallès (Barcelona, Spain), it is funded by the Spanish Government (Ministerio de Ciencia e Innovación) and the Catalan Government (Generalitat de Catalunya, Departament d’Empresa i Coneixement).
ALBA is a perfect spot to promote your professional career: international atmosphere, highly motivated staff, multidisciplinary environment and located in a natural park, well connected by car and public transport.
This position is reserved for those candidates having the legal status of persons with disabilities with a degree of disability equal or greater than 33%. If there are no applicants with disabilities that meet the requirements of the position, the rest of the applicants without declared disability will be evaluated.
One of the three positions (number 96) is co-financed within the execution of the project “Nova línia de llum BL-FAXTOR del Sincrotró ALBA”, by the FEDER Catalunya 2014-2020 Operational Program, Investment Objective in growth and employment. This position will be assigned to the third candidate selected, in order of score. The first and the second candidates selected will be assigned to the 50 and 71 positions, respectively.
Please note that these three open positions will be managed by an external company:
Randstad Technologies, S.A.U.
Madrid (28033), C/Vía de los Poblados 9,
Edificio B, 6ª planta
The Controls and Data Acquisition section consists of 18 staff members and designs, develops, operates and supports the control systems of the accelerators, beamlines, personnel safety and equipment protection systems, as well as for data acquisition at the beamlines.
We are looking for 3 Computer Engineers eager to learn and take on new challenges who will contribute to:
– Develop Software for the control system, data acquisition and data processing of the ALBA Synchrotron’s Beamlines and Accelerators.
– Participate in the development of the ALBA control system, including the core libraries, specific control developments including graphical components and support for detectors.
– Take part of scrum teams in control software development projects.
– Participate in the development, integration and support of data processing software used in our Beamlines and adjacent laboratories
– Provide support for all services related to the control systems, in particular for Accelerators and Beamlines during operation.
– University degree in Computer Science. Final year students of Computer Science degree (at least 180 ECTS achieved) will be as well accepted and shall attach their academic Transcript of Records (ToR).
– Alternatively, candidates holding Physics or Engineering degree with additional proven previous experience, guaranteeing similar technical capacities as Computer Science university degree will also be considered.
– Programming knowledge in any of C++, Python, Java, and Qt.
– The following technical capacities are considered an asset (in order of priority):
o Software Interfaces, Network-based Distributed Control Systems (e.g. TANGO, EPICS), Sardana, and Synchrotron’s Beamline Control.
o Packaging, CI/CD.
o Experience in C and Linux kernel modules and device drivers development.
o Linux administration/power user experience.
o Image processing, HPC configuration/development.
– Participation in multi-developer software projects is considered an asset.
– Good interpersonal skills and capabilities to work in a group, as well as to work independently for some tasks.
– The working language at ALBA is English. A good level of English both written and spoken is required.
– ALBA welcomes applicants with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We regard gender equality and diversity as a strength and an asset.
Come and join us!
To apply for this job please visit public.cells.es.