- Job title: Accelerator Control Engineer – Unit Leader
- Ref.: 8205
- Contract type: Permanent contract
- Salary range: 45-52K€
CONTEXT & JOB DESCRIPTION
You will lead the Accelerator Control Unit which is responsible for the development, maintenance and operation of the control system of the accelerator complex. You will manage a team of 12 software engineers and technicians. You will work closely with the accelerator group heads responsible for the sub-systems and machine physicists to fully exploit the new ESRF photon source – the EBS. You will develop strategies to modernize the graphical applications and interaction with the experiments. You will work closely with the other units in the Software Group of the ISDD to adopt common solutions and best practices.
Your missions are the following:
- Manage the Accelerator Control Unit
- Maintain and continue improving the Accelerator Control System based on Tango
- Develop a strategy for introducing web based graphical applications
- Improve the synchronisation between the experiments and accelerator control systems
- Introduce Machine Learning solutions for optimising the beam characteristics and diagnostics
Participate in the development of the Tango Controls toolkit and animation of the community
- Higher university degree (Master or equivalent diploma offering 300 ECTS) in Computer Science, Engineering, Science or other relevant discipline
- 8 to 12 years of professional experience
- Strong skills in management of software projects and developers .
- Good to high knowledge of the Tango Controls toolkit or similar framework.
- Good knowledge of working in a Linux environment
- Good communication and documentation skills and team spirit.
- Good proficiency in English (working language at the ESRF)
We offer a comprehensive benefits package designed to support your quality of life and your installation in the Grenoble area when relocation is needed.
The monthly salary may be complemented by additional allowances upon eligibility (expatriation allowance, etc.).
The European Synchrotron, the ESRF, is an international research centre based in Grenoble, France.
Through its innovative engineering, pioneering scientific vision and a strong commitment from its 700 staff members, the ESRF is recognised as one of the top research facilities worldwide. Its particle accelerator produces intense X-ray beams that are used by thousands of scientists each year for experiments in diverse fields such as biology, medicine, environmental sciences, cultural heritage, materials science, and physics.
Supported by 22 countries, the ESRF is an equal opportunity employer and encourages diversity.
To apply for this job please visit esrf.gestmax.eu.