Lunds universitet, MAX IV, Operations
Lund University was founded in 1666 and is repeatedly ranked among the world’s top 100 universities. The University has 40 000 students and 7 400 staff based in Lund, Helsingborg and Malmö. We are united in our efforts to understand, explain and improve our world and the human condition.
As a member of the Operations Group you will work as an operator of the three MAX IV accelerators to provide the required beam conditions for our beamlines and machine scientists. This role consists entirely of shift work, with operator coverage needed 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Your tasks will include:
- Routine operation of the MAX-IV accelerators according to the agreed weekly plans.
- Maintaining, as far as possible, the nominal beam conditions during delivery periods
- Documenting issues and actions as they arise
- Troubleshooting system failures
- Handover to incoming operators on shift changes
- Act as the on-site radiation safety officer when required
- Engage in machine development, automation, and documentation, tasks
You perform well as a shift worker, and are happy to work during evenings, nights, as well as during the weekend.
As a person you have strong communications skills, and are comfortable solving problems and optimising systems within a team. You consider yourself to be a careful and efficient problem solver, naturally balancing the risks and rewards of various solutions to find the best way forward.
|Type of employment||Provanställning|
|Contract type||Full time|
|Number of positions||2|
|Working hours||100 %|
|Last application date||03.Jun.2018 11:59 PM CET|
To apply for this job please visit lu.mynetworkglobal.com.