Activities include coordinating the Accelerator Physics R&D activities at LNLS, and ensuring the synchrotron light source accelerator complex operates within specifications.
This group’s responsibilities include:
- Coordinate Accelerator Physics R&D activities at LNLS.
- Ensure the synchrotron light source accelerator complex operates within specifications.
- Propose and coordinate developments to improve the performance of the accelerators in terms of beam stability and machine reliability.
- Collaborate with other technical groups at LNLS and CNPEM in the development of accelerator subsystems.
- Interact with beamline scientists on issues related to improving light source parameters.
- Coordinate machine study shifts.
- Coordinate high-level software development for accelerator control system.
- PhD in accelerator physics or related field with minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in accelerator physics.
- Comprehensive knowledge of physics of synchrotron light sources.
- Hands-on experience in accelerator control-room, with knowledge of beam diagnostics equipment used in synchrotron light sources.
- Experience with computer modelling codes.
- Leadership and mentoring capabilities.
To apply for this job please visit www.lnls.cnpem.br.