Lunds universitet, MAX IV, Accelerator Developement
Lund University was founded in 1666 and is repeatedly ranked among the world’s top 100 universities. The University has around 44 000 students and more than 8 000 staff based in Lund, Helsingborg and Malmö. We are united in our efforts to understand, explain and improve our world and the human condition.
MAX IV is a Swedish national large-scale research laboratory hosted by Lund University. It provides scientists from Sweden as well as internationally, with state-of-the-art instrumentation for research in areas such as engineering, physics, structural biology, chemistry and nanotechnology. Fully developed it will receive more than 2 000 scientists annually, conducting ground-breaking experiments in materials and life sciences using the brilliant X-ray light.
The core of the MAX IV facility are three sources of synchrotron radiation: two storage rings and a linac. The largest of these accelerators is the 3 GeV storage ring, which is the first in the world to employ a multi-bend-achromat lattice to deliver diffraction-limited synchrotron radiation and the first of the new generation of storage rings, of which only three are currently in existence. You will work in the Accelerator Development Group, which study all the accelerators at MAX IV.
Would you like to work at the brightest lightsource in the world?
MAX IV are looking for an electromagnetic simulations expert who will calculate electromagnetic field distributions within accelerator structures. The calculations will form the basis for further development of our accelerators.
Your main work tasks will be
- Take part in radio frequency (RF) system performance upgrades
- Take part in further developments and improvements of RF systems and RF-based diagnostics.
- Simulations of electromagnetic fields in accelerator structures, both CW and pulsed
- Take part in the construction of accelerator structures such as mode couplers, fast kicker structures, cavities etc.
To be successful in this role you need to have the following qualifications
- A Master degree in electrical engineering, or equivalent, and several years of experience in RF engineering or related technical area.
- Experience with electromagnetic simulation codes like ANSYS, COMSOL, CST Microwaves, GdFidl or SuperFish
- Experience with RF instrumentation like Network and Spectrum analyzers, Power Meters
- Good command of both written and spoken English
- Good communication skills
Below are seen as merits
- A PhD degree in electric or physics engineering
- Experience with high-power RF systems
- Experience with low phase-noise RF systems
As a person you are eager to learn, open to new ideas and determined to get an idea of improvement to work in practice.
What we offer
When you join our MAX IV family, you step into a world of front edge science. We make the invisible visible by supporting scientist from all over the world, generating scientific results for the benefit of society. We offer you a multicultural work environment with great opportunities for personal development with respect for a healthy work-life balance.
Would you like to work in a challenging and supporting environment? Then join us and take the opportunity to make a real difference!
For further information, please visit:
Probationary period may apply.
|Type of employment||Permanent position|
|Contract type||Full time|
|First day of employment||As per agreement|
|Number of positions||1|
|Working hours||100 %|
|Last application date||03.Aug.2021 11:59 PM CEST|
To apply for this job please visit lu.varbi.com.