Website esrfsynchrotron The European Synchrotron (ESRF)
The European Synchrotron, the ESRF, is an international research centre based in Grenoble, France.
Through its innovative engineering, pioneering scientific vision and a strong commitment from its 700 staff members, the ESRF is recognised as one of the top research facilities worldwide. Its particle accelerator produces intense X-ray beams that are used by thousands of scientists each year for experiments in diverse fields such as biology, medicine, environmental sciences, cultural heritage, materials science, and physics.
Supported by 21 countries, the ESRF is an equal opportunity employer and encourages diversity.
CONTEXT & JOB DESCRIPTION
Within the Experiments Division, you will work as Administrative Assistant, providing support and assistance to the Directors of Research to manage the division.
In a highly multicultural environment, you will ensure the liaison in administrative matters between the Directors of Research, staff in the Experiments Division, external collaborators and the other Divisions. Your key missions will be to:
- Participate in the preparation of the Division’s regular meetings and the relevant documents, as well as writing minutes in a timely manner,
- Act as a focal point of contact for the scientists, visitors and other divisions, appropriately managing confidential information as necessary,
- Monitor the spending of the Experiments Division, follow-up of the general budgets, contracts and purchases, including call for tender processes, in collaboration with the Finance and Purchasing services,
- Follow-up of the staff plan, recruitments, and contract extensions, in collaboration with the Human Resources service,
- Build efficiency and effective responsiveness into existing operations, and help to define potential strategies,
- Follow-up of visitors, trainee programme, training plans, space allocation, etc.,
- Follow-up of collaboration agreements with external partners.
- Secondary education diploma (BTS, HNC, Bachelor, or equivalent diploma worth at least 120 ECTS)
- Extensive secretarial training, knowledge of labour law, payroll, accounting rules, purchasing, budget management
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as an assistant, preferably in an international environment
- Excellent level of English and French, both written and spoken
- Excellent attention to detail, with the ability to manage/set (multiple) priorities
- Organizational and analytical skills,
- Initiative, autonomy, responsiveness, energy, discretion
- Good interpersonal skills, ability to establish and maintain positive working relations, demonstrated teamwork abilities
- Ability to manage a variety of simultaneous tasks, which requires the particular ability to collaborate and effectively communicate across a diverse range of people and functions with all levels of the organization
- Proactive approach to problem-solving and openness to change
- Perfectly at ease with office tools and software (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) with demonstrated ability to learn quickly new tools
Salary range:30,5 K€ minimum
The salary will be calculated on the basis of relevant qualifications and professional experience.
Do you recognize yourself in this description? Apply now for your next professional adventure!
What we offer:
- Join an innovative international research institute, with a workforce from 38 different countries
- Collaborate with global experts to advance science and address societal challenges
- Come and live in a vibrant city, in the heart of the Alps, and Europe’s Green Capital 2022
- Enjoy a workplace designed to support your quality of life
- Benefit from our competitive compensation and allowances package, including financial support for your relocation to Grenoble
For further information on employment terms and conditions, please refer to https://www.esrf.fr/home/Jobs/what-we-offer.html
The ESRF is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from disabled persons.
To apply for this job please visit esrf.gestmax.eu.