The Brazilian Synchrotron Light Laboratory (LNLS) is commissioning the fourth-generation electron storage ring Sirius, a worldwide state-of-the-art accelerator complex dedicated to produce high brightness X-ray beams. LNLS is a pioneer synchrotron light laboratory in Brazil and has a long history of designing, constructing, commissioning and operating a synchrotron light facility to provide multi-disciplinary experimental stations for external users.
To work in the Advanced Controls Group (GCA) at CNPEM.
Manage and participate in group activities, including:
- Develop, specify, enhance and maintain scientific instrumentation currently focused on electron beam and photon diagnostic of Sirius accelerators;
- Develop, specify, enhance and maintain industrial instrumentation based on robotic, interlocking and mechatronic systems, including precision handling systems (with step motors and servos);
- Develop, specify, enhance and maintain control and calibration loops of sensors/actuators for industrial and scientific plants inside and outside CNPEM;
- Develop, specify, enhance and maintain high-speed electronic systems based on FPGA logic.
- Degree in Control and Automation Engineering, Mechatronics, Electrical, Computing, Physics or related areas.
Desirable Post-Graduation in the area.
Solid experience in one or more items below:
- Project management and/or agile software development;
- Embedded systems;
- FPGA Programming;
- Team management.
- Advanced English.
To apply for this job please visit www.lnls.cnpem.br.