- Job title: Application Software Engineer
- Ref.: COD/AppSW2
- Contract type: Time-limited contract
- Salary range: 36-45K€
- Contract duration: Up to 3 years
CONTEXT & JOB DESCRIPTION
The Detector & Electronics Group in the Instrumentation Services and Development Division of the ESRF is in charge of the development and support of scientific instrumentation conceived to meet the needs of the facility. The type of instrumentation includes advanced state-of-the-art X-ray detectors and functionally-rich equipment for experiment and accelerator control. As a software engineer you will work in the Detector & Electronics Group in close interaction with other detector, electronics and software engineers to select, develop, test and document software tools and laboratory applications aimed at enhancing the development capabilities of the team.
The duties of this position include:
- Development of Python-based web applications for the management and reprogramming of configurable hardware modules developed in the group
- The definition and development of a common Python framework and tools to be used across the group for the development of laboratory applications for test and calibration of detectors and instrumentation as well as for simulation and analysis of the experimental measurements
- Higher university degree (Master or equivalent diploma offering 300 ECTS) in software engineering or in an instrumentation-related field such as physics or electronics
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in development of software applications
- Some experience in web applications will be an asset
- Excellent Python programming skills
- Familiarity with software development and documentation tools in Linux environments
- A genuine interest in joining a multidisciplinary team
- Good documentation, organization and analytical skills
- Proficiency in English (working language at the ESRF)
We offer a comprehensive benefits package designed to support your quality of life and your installation in the Grenoble area when relocation is needed. The monthly salary may be complemented by additional allowances upon eligibility (expatriation allowance, etc.).
The European Synchrotron, the ESRF, is an international research centre based in Grenoble, France.
Through its innovative engineering, pioneering scientific vision and a strong commitment from its 700 staff members, the ESRF is recognised as one of the top research facilities worldwide. Its particle accelerator produces intense X-ray beams that are used by thousands of scientists each year for experiments in diverse fields such as biology, medicine, environmental sciences, cultural heritage, materials science, and physics.
Supported by 22 countries, the ESRF is an equal opportunity employer and encourages diversity.
To apply for this job please visit esrf.gestmax.eu.