- Ref.: COD/AppSW
- Contract type: Time-limited contract
- Salary range: 36K€
- Deadline for applications: 10/06/2019
- Contract duration: COD – 3 years max
Context & Job description
The Detector & Electronics Group in the Instrumentation Services and Development Division of the ESRF is in charge of the development and support of scientific instrumentation conceived to meet the needs of the facility. The type of instrumentation includes advanced state-of-the-art X-ray detectors and functionally-rich equipment for scientific experiments and the accelerator control. As a software engineer you will work in the Detector & Electronics Group in close interaction with other detector, electronics and software engineers to select, develop, test and document software tools and laboratory applications aimed at enhancing the development capabilities of the team.
The duties of this position includes:
- Develop Python-based web applications for the management and reprogramming of configurable hardware modules developed in the group
- Develop tools to ease and automate project verification and documentation as well as the release of software and firmware for new instruments.
- Define and develop a common Python framework to be used across the group for the development of laboratory applications for test and calibration of instrumentation as well as for simulation and analysis of the experimental measurements
- Higher university degree (Master or equivalent diploma offering 300 ECTS) in software engineering or in an instrumentation-related field such as physics or electronics
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in development of software applications
- Some experience in web applications will be an asset
- Excellent Python programming skills
- Familiarity with software development and documentation tools in Linux environments
- A genuine interest in joining a multidisciplinary team
- Good documentation, organisation and analytical skills and flexibility
- Proficiency in English (working language at the ESRF)
We offer a comprehensive benefits package designed to support your quality of life and your installation in the Grenoble area when relocation is needed.
The monthly salary may be complemented by additional allowances upon eligibility (expatriation allowance, etc.).
To apply for this job please visit esrf.gestmax.eu.