Unlimited | Starting date: earliest possible | ID: MMA025/2021 | Deadline: open | Full-time/Part-time
DESY, with its more than 2700 employees at its two locations in Hamburg and Zeuthen, is one of the world’s leading research centres. Its research focuses on decoding the structure and function of matter, from the smallest particles of the universe to the building blocks of life. In this way, DESY contributes to solving the major questions and urgent challenges facing science, society and industry. With its ultramodern research infrastructure, its interdisciplinary research platforms and its international networks, DESY offers a highly attractive working environment in the fields of science, technology and administration as well as for the education of highly qualified young scientists.
The Machine- and Experiment-Setup Group (MEA) is involved in the technical project planning of new accelerators and experiments as well as in the technical support of the existing facilities. This includes everything from planning, coordination and scheduling of the construction, to conversion and maintenance work of existing facilities.
- Development and application of magnetic measurement techniques for accelerator magnets
- Software development and applications for the test benches
- Responsible for automation and the duplication of test benches
- Participate in ambitious accelerator projects with prototype programs
- Help to supervise the measurement campaign of several thousand magnets needed for the project PETRA IV
- Continuous development of the magnetic measurement facilities at DESY
Look forward to a unique working environment on our international research campus. We attach particular importance to appreciative cooperation and the well-being of our DESY employees. Gender equality is an important aspect for us. To support work life balance we offer flexible working hours, variable part-time and job-sharing. You will benefit from our family-friendly and collegial atmosphere, our established health management and occupational pension provision. As a public employer, we offer you a secure workplace and facilitate your individual career with our comprehensive training and development opportunities. Remuneration according to the collective labour agreement (TV EntgO Bund).
- Master or PhD in electrical engineering, computer science, applied physics or equal qualification
- Several years of experience in magnetic measurements
- Profound knowledge of programming and experience in data analysis
- Ability to use established magnetic simulations software, such as, OPERA, CST, EM-Studio
- Good knowledge of English is mandatory
- Organizational skills are desired
- Willingness to work in a small team
For further information please contact Dr. Markus Körfer at +49 40 8998-3714.
DESY promotes equal opportunities and diversity. The professional development of women is very important to us and therefore we strongly encourage women to apply for the vacant position. Applications from severely disabled persons will be given preference if they are equally qualified.
You can find further information here:https://www.desy.de/career/
We look forward to receiving your application via our application portal:
To apply for this job please visit v22.desy.de.