Website Helmholtz Zentrum Berlin (HZB)
Reference No.: NP 2017/30
Core task of the Department Accelerator Operation at HZB is to operate and develop the two synchrotron radiation sources BESSY II and Metrology Light Source. Together with the Institutes for Accelerator Physics and SRF – Science and Technology, we currently work on the realization of the Energy Recovery Linac demonstrator project bERLinPro as well as on the upgrade of BESSY II to a variable pulse length storage ring – BESSY VSR – allowing simultaneous operation of the light source with high brightness and picosecond time resolution.
For our team Control Technology, we are currently seeking support in the further development and operation of the control systems to guarantee long-term stability in the operation of the synchrotron radiation sources.
- Design and development of control software for the control systems to operate our light sources
- Driver development for the control hardware of the control systems
- Installation and maintenance of the controls of our control system
- Bachelor degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or comparable qualification
- Excellent knowledge of multithreaded programming in C/C++
- Excellent knowledge in software development within a Linux environment
- Good knowledge of process control technology
- Good knowledge of realtime operating systems desirable
- Knowledge of Linux I/O driver development desirable
- Excellent German AND English skills (written and spoken) are a MUST
What we offer
Fixed term contract for . The salary is based on the Collective Agreement for the German Public Service (TVöD-Bund).
We particularly welcome applications from women. Preference will be given to handicapped applicants provided equal suitability.
How to apply
Have we sparked your interest? Then we look forward to receiving your application by 28.02.2018.
For German version, please click on the following link: German Version.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://recruitingapp-5181.de.umantis.com/Vacancies/679/Description/2?lang=eng →