Reference No.: NP 2018/12
The department “Operation of Accelerator BESSYII” operates one of the leading synchrotron radiation sources in the world in the VUV and soft X-ray range. The outstanding performance of this facility is guaranteed by a high degree of automation.
Our team of the Controls Group is currently looking for support in the development and operation of control and monitoring software for sophisticated multi-axis drive systems on optical components such as monochromators, aperture systems and mirror chambers, as well as their integration into the control system infrastructure. In close cooperation with our scientific and technical departments you will design control concepts, develop control algorithms and transfer them into productive operation. In addition, you will support ongoing operations and carry out optimization measures.
- Development of software specifications and concepts according to the requirements for the operation of optical components
- Creation of software and drivers as well as their testing and commissioning
- Integration of applications and components into the control system environment EPICS
- You maintain close contact with the scientific/technical specialist departments and carry out adaptations according to user requirements
What’s in it for you:
- Cooperation in a dynamic, experienced and international team of scientific and technical staff
- Flexible working hours (work-life balance)
- Independent work in small teams
- Bachelor or Dipl.-Ing.(FH) in Computer Engineering or comparable
- Excelent knowledge of software development in Unix-based environments, multithreaded programming of C/C++ applications and at least one other programming language (e.g. Python, Matlab, G)
- good knowledge of real-time OS and Linux I/O driver development advantageous
- Knowledge/experience in electrical engineering or precision mechanics desirable
- very good written and spoken knowledge of German and English
- You see the overall context, are communicative and ready to work in agile teams
What we offer
Fixed term contract for 24 months . The salary is based on the Collective Agreement for the German Public Service (TVöD-Bund).
We particularly welcome applications from women. Preference will be given to handicapped applicants provided equal suitability.
How to apply
Have we sparked your interest? Then we look forward to receiving your application by 31.10.2018.
For German version, please click on the following link: German Version.Helmholtz-Zentrum Berlin für Materialien und Energie GmbH
To apply for this job please visit recruitingapp-5181.de.umantis.com.