Lunds universitet, MAX IV, Controls & IT
Lund University was founded in 1666 and is repeatedly ranked among the world’s top 100 universities. The University has 40 000 students and 7 400 staff based in Lund, Helsingborg and Malmö. We are united in our efforts to understand, explain and improve our world and the human condition.
The MAX IV Controls and IT team (KITS) deliver solutions to the whole MAX IV organisation in the areas of control system hardware, controls software applications, infrastructure and networking, information management and scientific software. This is a dynamic and highly challenging environment and requires close collaboration with the staff in order to understand the needs and be effective in forming solutions. We are around 50 people in total who work in 5 domains in a well organised and agile way. We hold values of lean management, knowledge spread, user autonomy, continuous improvement and flexibility as guiding principles for our work.
We are looking for a person with a large experience of working with experimental instrumentation. The work will consist of designing, building and commissioning systems that integrate timing, motion, detection, and positioning, data collection and eventually metadata collection in a form that is scientifically usable. We are typically using equipment developed in collaboration with other facilities. Experience of working in collaborations is of course an advantage. The hardware team work in an agile way in close collaboration with all other IT teams, beamline staff and scientists, also with other groups in an open and friendly environment.
- Designing, building, installing and commissioning electronics hardware equipment for the MAX IV facility.
- Master degree or higher in electronics, system engineering, circuit design, timing or equivalent.
- Experience from data acquisition systems integrating motion, timing, and detectors/cameras.
Additional Desirable qualifications
- Experience of working in a research oriented large facility.
- Experience from any of the topics: stepper motors, piezo motors, nanometer precision encoders, timing and event handling, detectors / cameras both for beamline surveillances as well as photon and electron detection, measurements with synchrotron beamline equipment, python programming and fpga programming, network configuration, circuit design.
- Experience of any of the following: IcePAP, Alba Electrometer, PandABox, Sardana, Tango or other community developed systems
Probation period may apply.
|Type of employment||Tillsvidareanställning|
|Contract type||Full time|
|Number of positions||1|
|Last application date||31.Mar.2019 11:59 PM CET|
To apply for this job please visit lu.varbi.com.