Activities include the planning, construction and commissioning of the Cateretê beamline at the new brazilian synchrotron light source, Sirius
The Brazilian Synchrotron Light Laboratory (LNLS) has an immediate permanent position for an outstanding scientist with an X-ray Photon Correlation Spectroscopy (XPCS) background. The candidate will be responsible for the XPCS scientific program at the coherent scattering beamline Cateretê at the new brazilian synchrotron light source, Sirius.
The Cateretê beamline will specialize in coherent applications, Coherent X-ray Diffractive Imaging (CXDI) and X-ray Photon Correlation Spectroscopy as well as Time-Resolved Small Angle X-ray Scattering (SAXS). The candidate will be expected to participate actively in the construction and commissioning of the Cateretê beamline, as well as to assist users at the scattering beamlines.
The responsabilities of the successful candidate will include:
- Participate in the planning, construction and commissioning of the Cateretê beamline;
- Develop his/her own research activities mainly based on XPCS, either independently or in collaboration;
- Actively communicate with the Brazilian scientific community to promote the XPCS capabilities and new opportunities;
- Supervise students and post-docs;
- Take part in the operation of the beamlines (SAXS1 and Cateretê) with the other members of the team.
Qualifications and experience:
- PhD in Physics, Biology or related areas;
- Experience with XPCS and SAXS;
- Experience with X-ray beamline instrumentation;
- Fluent English.
To apply for this job please visit www.lnls.cnpem.br.