The Brazilian Synchrotron Light Laboratory (LNLS) has an immediate permanent position for a scientist with a background in X-ray micro and nano tomography (XCT).
The candidate will be responsible for developing scientific projects in the area of pore scale physics, at the MOGNO beamline of Sirius.
MOGNO is a beamline designed to perform fast micro and nano 3D imaging, with a multi-scale analysis of several material classes in different in-situ sample environments. The instrument will operate with X-rays energies of 20, 40 and 70 keV, in a cone beam geometry, allowing image resolutions ranging from 100 nm to 0.05 mm.
The candidate will be expected to participate actively in the construction, commissioning and in future user program of the beamline and its associated instruments.
The responsibilities of the successful candidate will include:
- Participate in the planning, construction, commissioning, and operation of the MOGNO beamline;
- Develop his/her own research activities mainly based on XCT and fluid flow in porous media, either independently or in collaboration;
- Actively communicate with the Brazilian scientific community to promote beamline capabilities and explore new opportunities;
- Supervise students and post-docs;
Qualifications and experience:
- PhD in Physics, Engineering or related areas;
- Experience with micro and nano XCT and fluid flow in porous media;
- Experience with X-ray beamline instrumentation;
- Fluent English.
To apply for this job please visit www.lnls.cnpem.br.