The National Synchrotron Radiation Center SOLARIS, operating at the Jagiellonian University, is looking for a candidate for the design and construction of the Solaris Advanced Infrared Beamline (SOLAIR) for the needs of chemistry, physics, biophysics, structural biology, conservation chemistry and analysis of cultural heritage objects.
The candidate is expected to actively participate in design and construction works, in particular involving the installation of a nanoscale imaging microscope (s-SNOM and AFM-IR) and a synchrotron beam coupling. After the completion of the construction phase, the candidate will be able to continue working as the beamline scientist of the SOLAIR measurement infrastructure
(ultimately 4 microscopic stations), carry out measurements with users and conduct their own research.
Work at SOLARIS offers:
• the opportunity to participate in the construction of advanced research equipment, and then the ability to conduct own research with it,
• the possibility of professional development in an international expert environment,
• access to specialized training in the field of spectroscopic imaging and data analysis,
• the possibility of submitting applications for external funding (grants, scholarships, etc.),
• participation in international conferences,
• work in a young and dynamic team,
• stable employment based on an employment contract.
• completed studies in physics (specialization in experimental physics), biophysics, chemistry or
related; a doctoral degree in physics or chemistry in the field of vibrational spectroscopy will
be an advantage,
• knowledge of AFM microscopy or vibrational microscopy,
• basic programming skills (e.g. Matlab, Python),
• self-discipline and the ability to work in a team,
• good command of the English language (minimum B2), allowing for reading and creating
technical documentation and preparation of scientific texts.
Additional preferred skills:
• experience in the operation of s-SNOM or AFM-IR microscopy,
• knowledge of machine learning or chemometric techniques,
• experience in international cooperation,
• experience in the implementation of research projects.
Place of employment: Kraków (UJ Campus)
We offer a full-time fixed-term employment contract with the prospect of employment for an indefinite period.
More information can be obtained by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you want to work at the SOLARIS Center, please send an e-mail to: email@example.com:
• signed and scanned information on the processing of personal data.
The file is available at:
ych++osobowych+kandydat%C3%B3w_EN/7ec62cef-07bb-48ec-834e-b2a84767b4f5In the title of the message, please write: Beamline scientist
We reserve the right to contact only selected candidates
To apply for this job please visit synchrotron.uj.edu.pl.