Lunds universitet, MAX IV, Spectroscopy
Lund University was founded in 1666 and is repeatedly ranked among the world’s top 100 universities. The University has 40 000 students and more than 8 000 staff based in Lund, Helsingborg and Malmö. We are united in our efforts to understand, explain and improve our world and the human condition.
MAX IV is a Swedish national large-scale research laboratory hosted by Lund University. It provides scientists from Sweden as well as internationally, with state-of-the-art instrumentation for research in areas such as engineering, physics, structural biology, chemistry and nanotechnology. Fully developed it will receive more than 2 000 scientists annually, conducting ground-breaking experiments in materials and life sciences using the brilliant X-ray light.
Description of the beamline FinEstBeAMS
FinEstBeAMS is a materials and atmospheric science beamline at the MAX IV 1.5 GeV storage ring. It provides ultraviolet and soft X-ray radiation with precisely controlled and widely variable
parameters. The beamline has two branches: one branch is dedicated to ultra-high vacuum studies of surfaces and interfaces and the other to gas-phase experiments and photoluminescence in solids. The range of research extends from the electronic structure studies of free particles (atoms, molecules, clusters and atmospheric particles) in gas phase and on surfaces to formation analysis and nanoscale characterisation of surfaces and interfaces. The design of the beamline facilitates sample transfer between the end stations, offering synergy between gas phase and solid-state research.
We are looking for a candidate who will be take an overall responsibility for the FinEstBeAMS beamline and together with the beamline team ensure continuous user operation and development of instrumentation and infrastructure at the beamline. The candidate will also manage the gas phase set-up and technique itself at the FinEstBeAMS and be responsible for communication with the gas phase community at the beamline as well as coordinating their activities.
You will also be part of the Low Density Matter (LDM) team taking an active roll in development of relevant techniques within the existing infrastructure, outreach to the continuously evolving LDM community and planning for future LDM research at MAX IV.
- Contribute to beamline operation, maintenance and commissioning
- Support the users during the setup and execution of beamline experiments
- Plan and execute continuous development of the beamline
- Organize constant availability of technical infrastructure
- Develop gas-phase setup and technique at the FinEstBeAMS beamline
- Support internal and external communication
- Pursue own or a collaborative research program
- Support dissemination, training and educational activities
- Contribute to a good and safe working environment as an employee and according to assigned tasks user support
- PhD or equivalent in Physics/Chemistry/Materials Science or similar area of relevance for the FinEstBeAMS beamline
- Experience in ultra-high vacuum systems
- Experience in communication, user support and updating user related documentation
- Documented experience in LDM based experimental research.
- The candidate is expected to have existing or previous research collaboration with the LDM community.
- Ability to work independently, take responsibility for development projects and collaborate smoothly with the engineering staff and research experts covering a broad range of fields
- Good team working skills and a good command of the English language
Additionally, meriting qualifications
- Demonstrated experience in the planning, coordination, development and implementation of equipment relevant to Low Density Matter research at MAX IV is considered a merit
- Documented experience of work at a synchrotron radiation facility is considered a merit
This is a permanent position at MAX IV Laboratory, probational period may apply.
|Type of employment||Permanent position|
|Contract type||Full time|
|First day of employment||As per agreement|
|Number of positions||1|
To apply for this job please visit lu.varbi.com.