Website NSLS-II at Brookhaven National Laboratory
The National Synchrotron Light Source-II (NSLS-II) at Brookhaven National Laboratory is seeking exceptional candidates for a beamline scientist position for the Full-Field X-ray Imaging (FXI) beamline. As part of the Imaging and Microscopy Program at NSLS-II, the FXI beamline has been constructed and is currently undergoing technical commissioning to perform world-leading 3D imaging under variety of in-situ or operando conditions. The selected candidate is expected to build up the science program at the FXI beamline with good synergy with the other scanning microscopy beamlines within the Imaging and Microscopy Program and to further enhance the capabilities of the beamline.
The scientific emphasis of the FXI beamline is to perform nanoscale full-field imaging investigation on dynamics of complex systems, taking advantage of its world-leading imaging capability. The FXI beamline is capable of performing nanoscale imaging at unprecedented speeds, which is expected to open new exciting opportunities in broad scientific areas.
The selected candidate will be part of a group of scientific and engineering staff to operate the FXI beamline and its associated scientific programs at NSLS-II. Responsibility include interacting with the scientific user community to advance the mission and technical capabilities of the beamline, supporting broad aspects of the beamline operations, developing advanced imaging analysis and coordinating the FXI user programs with other complementary NSLS-II science programs.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- D. in physics, material science or a field relevant to the scientific mission of the FXI beamline.
- At least five years prior experience in x-ray imaging research.
- Demonstrated experience of having developed advanced imaging analysis methods and/or data acquisition algorithms relevant to x-ray imaging research.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability of interacting effectively in a team environment with a diverse group of scientists, engineers, technical staff, and users.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience with full-field transmission x-ray microscopy.
- Work experience in a user facility such as a synchrotron.
- Significant technical expertise for in-situ or in-operando imaging experiments and data acquisition.
- Significant Python programming experience or similar skills to be able to contribute to the development of NSLS-II data analysis tools in an open source collaborative environment.
The selected candidate will be placed at the appropriate scientific level dependent upon depth and breadth of relevant knowledge and skills he or she brings to the position, as well as the amount of relevant experience.
At Brookhaven National Laboratory we believe that a comprehensive employee benefits program is an important and meaningful part of the compensation employees receive. Our benefits program includes but is not limited to:
- Medical Plans
- Dental Plans
- Life Insurance
- Paid Parental Leave
- 401(k) Plan
- Retirement Plan
- Swimming Pool, Weight room Tennis Courts, and many other employee perks and benefits.
We invite you to consider Brookhaven National Laboratory for employment. To be considered for this position, please apply online at BNL Careers and enter the job title into the Keyword Search or apply to Job #1162.
Brookhaven National Laboratory (BNL) is an equal opportunity employer committed to ensuring that all qualified applicants receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a veteran, disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
BNL takes affirmative action in support of its policy and to advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
*VEVRAA Federal Contractor
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://jobs.bnl.gov/ →