- Job title: Beamline technician ID21
- Ref.: 2553
- Contract type: Permanent contract
- Salary range: 28-35k€
CONTEXT & JOB DESCRIPTION
ID21 is a beamline dedicated to micro X-ray Spectroscopy. It covers a wide range of applications in Biology, Life science, Environmental Science, Cultural Heritage, Geochemistry and Geophysics. It is benefiting from an important refurbishment project, which is currently focussing on the design and soon the construction, implementation and commissioning of a new nano-scope in a refurbished experimental hutch.
As a technician, you will be responsible for many of the technical aspects associated with the maintenance and development of the ID21 beamline instrumentation and in particular for the assembly of the beamline components and instrumentation in collaboration with the engineers and scientists of the project teams.
Your mission includes:
- Participation in the design of the new instruments
- Participation in the refurbishment of experiment hutch
- Assembly of beamline components, vacuum components and instruments, in particular mounting of complex mechanical assemblies
- Technical assistance to the beamline operation and user service
- Support of the design of new equipment
Further information may be obtained from Marine Cotte (email: email@example.com).
- You should hold a technician degree (BSc, Licence, HND, HNC, BTS, DUT, Bachelor, Meister, Vordiplom, Perito, Laurea Triennale, Diplomatura, Ingenieria Técnica or equivalent) in mechanics or scientific instrumentation.
- 3 to 10 years of professional experience
- Ability to machine mechanical parts and assemble delicate mechanics
- Ability to read, use and produce technical SolidWorks drawings
- Knowledge and/or experience in precision mechanics and scientific instrumentation
- Knowledge and/or experience in ultra- high vacuum
- Skills in instrument control, electronics, laboratory techniques will be an asset
- Good organisation, communication and team spirit
- Proficiency in English (working language at the ESRF)
We offer a comprehensive benefits package designed to support your quality of life and your installation in the Grenoble area when relocation is needed.
The annual gross salary will be within the range 25 – 35 k€ and may be completed by additional allowances (shift allowance, standby allowance, expatriation allowance, etc.).
To apply for this job please visit esrf.gestmax.eu.