- Ref.: 2562
- Contract type: Permanent contract
- Salary range: 25-30K€
- Deadline for applications: 12/06/2019
The ESRF User Office ensures the efficient and smooth running of its extensive public user programme run on 41 different instruments (beamlines). This requires the proper functioning of access procedures for the user community and the adaptation of these procedures to the scientific and operational aspects of the ESRF and its beamlines. The ESRF User Office acts as a central contact between the scientific users of public beam time and the ESRF. It is also the link between the ESRF and its Users Organisation.
As administrative assistant in the User Office you will work in coordination with the two other User Office administrative support staff.
Your missions are the following:
- Manage all the administrative aspects of the experimental program (co-ordinating the reception and review of the applications for beam time on beamlines and organising the proposal review committee meetings onsite)
- Organise scientists’ visits (responding to emails, processing invitations, assisting with formalities, managing and booking visitors’ accommodation)
- Provide support to scientific visitors on site
- You should hold a EQF level 5 in Business and Administration or an equivalent secretarial/assistant diploma (NVQ level 4, BAC +3 or equivalent higher education diploma)
- 2 to 5 years of professional experience
- Excellent level of written and spoken English and French.
- Sound computer skills (word processing, spreadsheets and slide presentations).
- Ability to learn and master new computing tools that are ESRF specific
- Well organised, capable of working both independently and as part of a team
- Will to take responsibility for activities and to develop new skills
- Good communication skills enabling you to work in a multi-cultural environment.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package designed to support your quality of life and your installation in the Grenoble area when relocation is needed. The monthly salary may be complemented by additional allowances upon eligibility (expatriation allowance, etc.).
To apply for this job please visit esrf.gestmax.eu.