- Job title: Bilingual (English & French) Administrative Assistant
- Contract type: Permanent contract
- Salary range:31 K€ minimum
- Publication start on Front Office : Site internet:31/07/2023
CONTEXT & JOB DESCRIPTION
The ESRF User Office ensures the efficient and smooth running of its extensive public user programme run on 36 different instruments (beamlines). This requires the proper functioning of access procedures for the user community and the adaptation of these procedures to the scientific and operational aspects of the ESRF and its beamlines. The ESRF User Office acts as a central contact between the scientific users of public beam time and the ESRF. It is also the link between the ESRF and its Users Organisation.
As administrative assistant in the User Office you will work in coordination with the two other User Office administrative support staff.
Your missions are the following:
- Manage all the administrative aspects of the experimental programme (co-ordinating the reception and review of the applications for beam time on beamlines and organising the proposal review committee meetings both onsite and remotely)
- Organise scientists’ visits (responding to emails, processing invitations, assisting with formalities, managing and booking visitors’ accommodation)
- Provide support to scientific visitors, both on site and via up-to-date web pages
- Organise the annual ESRF scientific event for users (User Meeting)
- You should hold a EQF level 5 in Business and Administration or an equivalent secretarial/assistant diploma (NVQ level 4, BAC +3 or equivalent higher education diploma)
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience
- Excellent level of written and spoken English and French.
- Strong computer skills (word processing, spreadsheets and slide presentations).
- Ability to learn and master new software tools that are ESRF specific
- Well organised, capable of working both independently and as part of a team
- Willing to take responsibility for activities and to develop new skills
- Good communication skills enabling you to work in a multi-cultural environment.
The salary will be calculated on the basis of relevant qualifications and professional experience.
Do you recognize yourself in this description? Apply now for your next professional adventure!
What we offer:
- Join an innovative international research institute, with a workforce from 38 different countries
- Collaborate with global experts to advance science and address societal challenges
- Come and live in a vibrant city, in the heart of the Alps, and Europe’s Green Capital 2022
- Enjoy a workplace designed to support your quality of life
- Benefit from our competitive compensation and allowances package, including financial support for your relocation to Grenoble
For further information on employment terms and conditions, please refer to https://www.esrf.fr/home/Jobs/what-we-offer.html
The ESRF is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from disabled persons.
The European Synchrotron, the ESRF, is an international research centre based in Grenoble, France.
Through its innovative engineering, pioneering scientific vision and a strong commitment from its 700 staff members, the ESRF is recognised as one of the top research facilities worldwide. Its particle accelerator produces intense X-ray beams that are used by thousands of scientists each year for experiments in diverse fields such as biology, medicine, environmental sciences, cultural heritage, materials science, and physics.
Supported by 21 countries, the ESRF is an equal opportunity employer and encourages diversity.
To apply for this job please visit esrf.gestmax.eu.