|Type of employment||Tillsvidareanställning|
|Contract type||Full time|
|Number of positions||1|
|Last application date||28.Feb.2018 11:59 PM CET|
Lund University was founded in 1666 and is repeatedly ranked among the world’s top 100 universities. The University has 42 000 students and 7 400 staff based in Lund, Helsingborg and Malmö. We are united in our efforts to understand, explain and improve our world and the human condition.
We are seeking for a specialist for the preparation of protein samples and eukariotic cell growth as well as for the development for new sample preparations for the use at the MAX IV life science beam lines like BioMAX, MicroMAX, Balder, coSAXS and NanoMAX. This includes a anticipated collaboration to the beamline experts as well as to the various user comunities.
The tasks include:
Start-up operation of the MAX IV biosafety level 1 laboratory:
– Development of an optimal laboratory for carrying out molecular biochemistry and biophysical characterization for protein sample preparation.
– Set up of routines and procedures for a safe working environment.
Continuous development of the Biolab as a multi user facility:
– Biophysical analysis and quality control of protein samples using SDS-PAGE, UV/Vis spectrometry, mass spectrometry, micro-calorimetry, thermofluorimetry, immuno-blotting, enzymatic activity assays, dynamic and static light scattering.
– Protein sample preparation and analysis under anaerobic conditions and within a 4°C lab.
– Protein purification using chromatography techniques.
– Quality control by gel chromatography.
– Micro- and nano-crystallization of soluble and membrane proteins for serial. crystallography and in situ screening using LCP.
– Safe handling of all chemicals of the Biolab in close collaboration with the safety group.
– Ordering of consumables and chemicals, handling of invoices.
– Maintenance logistics to secure laboratory standard.
– Collaboration with beamline staff and user communities to develop new sample environments for novel experiments and the preparation of suitable biological samples.
– Eucaryotic cell growth and for sample preparation of imaging, i.e. at NanoMAX.
– Supervision of users during their work within the Biolab.
– Training of users and undergraduates on sample preparation and characterization methods.
The successfull candidate has the following qualifications:
– Ph.D. in biomedicine, biochemistry, molecular biology, biophysics or other relevant subjects:
– Hands on experiences in protein sample expression, purification preparation and sample characterization by biophysical and biochemical methods.
– Working experiences in molecular biochemistry and biophysical methods under anerobic conditions.
– Working experiences in membrane protein production, purification and characterization.
– Biosafety level 1 lab working experiences.
– Hand on expereinces in working under anerobic conditions.
– Proven track and will of customer and service oriented work.
– Proven track of educating and training students.
– Hands on experiences in protein purification of recombinant proteins.
– Ability to work independently.
– Open to learn to establish and utilize novel methods for molecular biology.
– Excellent command in English, communication skills and team working skills.
The following qualifications are considered to be an asset:
– Practical working experiences experimenting at synchrotron facilities and X-FELs.
– Hands on experiences in sample production for serial crystallography.
– Experiences in documentation using LIMS solutions and other databases.
– Experience in laboratory setup and management.
Probationary period may apply.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://lu.mynetworkglobal.com/what:job/jobID:191306/where:90/ →