Website esrfsynchrotron The European Synchrotron (ESRF)
- Job title: Building Maintenance Person
- Ref.: 23-23-P-TID-BIG
- Contract type: Permanent contract
- Salary range: 22.8 K€ minimum
CONTEXT & JOB DESCRIPTION
The Buildings & Infrastructure Group within the Technical and Infrastructure Division encompasses exploitation and maintenance of the ESRF technical infrastructures.
As part of the Operation & Maintenance team, your missions will be the following:
- Troubleshooting unplanned and urgent requests from site personnel for light repair work or handling operations.
- Perform locksmith/metal carpentry work (maintenance or installation).
- Perform material handling tasks: assistance to the overhead crane operator, driving forklifts.
- Assist in the preparation of ESRF events (installation of equipment and furniture).
- Manufacture and management of keys for offices and laboratories.
- Maintenance and installation of door locks.
- Maintenance of the technical doors.
- Wood or metal carpentry work (doors or windows): First level maintenance and monitoring of work carried out by external companies.
- On-call crane operator assistance during ESRF technical shutdowns (five weeks a year, working in pairs).
- Participation in the annual campaigns of mandatory controls (overhead cranes, lifting equipment, automatic doors, …) and updating Carlsource CMMS software.
- Manual handling work, carrying heavy loads.
Joinery or building maintenance “CAP” or “BEP” or equivalent, with a minimum of 10 years of experience
- Ability to drive forklifts (cat. 2-3-4) and overhead cranes (6.3 tons). Training may be possible.
- Knowledge of French and professional English (working language at the ESRF) are required
- Familiarity with WORD and EXCEL software as well as CMMS software if possible (CarlSource or similar)
- Ability to work with high quality equipment under the surveillance of the scientists
- Ability to listen and to proactively ensure that you have understood direction
- Team spirit, with ability to work in diverse and multi-disciplinary teams
the position implies to be rigorous and to keep up to date with technical developments. You must possess a sense of responsibility and a pragmatic mindset allowing you to be methodical and organised.
The salary will be calculated on the basis of relevant qualifications and professional experience.
Do you recognize yourself in this description? Apply now for your next professional adventure!
What we offer:
- Join an innovative international research institute, with a workforce from 38 different countries
- Collaborate with global experts to advance science and address societal challenges
- Come and live in a vibrant city, in the heart of the Alps, and Europe’s Green Capital 2022
- Enjoy a workplace designed to support your quality of life
- Benefit from our competitive compensation and allowances package, including financial support for your relocation to Grenoble
For further information on employment terms and conditions, please refer to https://www.esrf.fr/home/Jobs/what-we-offer.html
The ESRF is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from disabled persons.
The European Synchrotron, the ESRF, is an international research centre based in Grenoble, France.
Through its innovative engineering, pioneering scientific vision and a strong commitment from its 700 staff members, the ESRF is recognised as one of the top research facilities worldwide. Its particle accelerator produces intense X-ray beams that are used by thousands of scientists each year for experiments in diverse fields such as biology, medicine, environmental sciences, cultural heritage, materials science, and physics.
Supported by 21 countries, the ESRF is an equal opportunity employer and encourages diversity.
To apply for this job please visit esrf.gestmax.eu.