CONTEXT & JOB DESCRIPTION
The business development project manager will be responsible for establishing a Competence Center in Radiation Hardness for the testing of micro-electronic components, in Grenoble, within the framework of the Platform for Advanced Characterisation-Grenoble (PAC-G) of the Nanoelec Technological Research Institute (IRT Nanoelec).
In this context, he / she will ensure the valorisation and promotion of the activities of the Characterisation Programme of the IRT Nanoelec towards the semiconductor industry, to identify their needs, define the market positioning and maintain and develop the activities of PAC-G, in the context of which the Centre will be launched. In this highly collaborative context, he / she will also have the mission of coordinating the activities of the programme among the various partners (ILL, ESRF, LPSC and CEA-LETI) to ensure continuity and flawless alignment of the emerging project with respect to the framework in place. True force of proposal, he / she will be in charge of the following tasks:
- In conjunction with the partners of the Large Instrument Characterization programme, the candidate will be responsible for designing, organising and setting up a Competence Centre in irradiation of electronic components, the main objective of the contract. At the end of the contract, a commercial development plan for the aforementioned centre will be delivered, containing a marketing plan.
- Under the supervision of the programme director: a) monitor and pilot the various activities of the programme with the various member partners (ILL, ESRF, LPSC, CEA-Leti) and institutional partners; b) coordinate the actions of the PAC-G commercial promotion platform (Platform for Advanced Characterization-Grenoble).
- Identify, build and develop high potential industrial relationships in the short and medium term, with players in the microelectronics sector.
- Organise meetings and visits of customers and industrial partners to member facilities of the programme.
- Plan, promote and organize events, training workshops and participate in trade fairs and conferences in support of PAC-G promotion activities.
- Organize and animate regular and extraordinary meetings to monitor the activities of the programme.
- Reporting: responsible for drafting the monthly and annual reports of the programme for the directorate of IRT Nanoelec.
The candidate will be recruited in the Business Development Office (BDO) of the ESRF and will work full time on the Characterisation programme supporting transversally the actions of all partners. In this context, he / she will work under the responsibility of the Programme Director.
- Engineering degree in micro-electronics, material science, physics and related fields are needed. A further degree related to business or management (e.g. MBA) would be an asset.
- Competences in design and processes for microelectronics and characterisation are requested.
- A certain familiarity with the problematics of the interaction and the relationship between industry and academia would be an asset, in particular good understanding of the mechanisms of open innovation.
- Previous experience in a synchrotron or neutron source would be an asset.
- At least two years’ experience in a similar position.
- Excellent written communication and editing skills in English and French are essential.
- Ability to be organised and analytical, but also to take initiative and deliver original ideas.
- Professionalism, trustworthiness, self-motivation and the ability to work both autonomously and collaboratively under pressure.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package designed to support your quality of life and your installation in the Grenoble area when relocation is needed.
The monthly salary may be complemented by additional allowances upon eligibility (expatriation allowance, etc.).
The European Synchrotron, the ESRF, is an international research centre based in Grenoble, France.
Through its innovative engineering, pioneering scientific vision and a strong commitment from its 700 staff members, the ESRF is recognised as one of the top research facilities worldwide. Its particle accelerator produces intense X-ray beams that are used by thousands of scientists each year for experiments in diverse fields such as biology, medicine, environmental sciences, cultural heritage, materials science, and physics.
Supported by 22 countries, the ESRF is an equal opportunity employer and encourages diversity.
To apply for this job please visit esrf.gestmax.eu.