- Job title: Business developer engineer for additive manufacturing and metallurgy
- Contract type: Time-limited contract
- Salary range:36-41K€
The business development engineer will be responsible for building and running a business development programme for the ESRF in the domain of metallurgy. This project is in the context of EASI-STRESS, a flagship initiative funded by the EC H2020 programme.
In this context, he / she will ensure the valorisation and promotion of the technical solutions offered by the ESRF in the domain of metallurgy, to identify the needs of the industrial targets, to define the market positioning and to maintain and develop the activities of EASI-STRESS. In this highly collaborative context, he / she will also have the mission of coordinating the activities among the various partners in the Consortium to ensure continuity and flawless alignment of the emerging project with respect to the framework in place. True force of proposal, he / she will be in charge of the following tasks:
- In conjunction with the partners of EASI-STRESS, the candidate will contribute to define and actuate the valorisation strategy of the techniques developed by the consortium and lead by DTI (Danish Technological Institute).
- At the end of the contract, a business development plan for the metallurgy domain will be delivered, containing a marketing plan.
- Under the day-to-day supervision of the Deputy Head of Business Development:
- monitor and pilot the various activities carried out with the different partner of EASI-STRESS;
- coordinate the commercial promotion in the metallurgy domain for the ESRF.
- Identify, build and develop high potential industrial relationships in the short and medium term, with the industrial partners in EASI-STRESS.
- Organise meetings and visits of customers and industrial partners to member facilities of the programme.
- Plan, promote and organise events, training workshops and participate in trade fairs and conferences in the domain of metallurgy.
- Minimal reporting activity.
The candidate will be recruited in the Business Development Office (BDO) of the ESRF and will act full time on the EASI-STRESS, supporting transversally the actions of all partners. In this context, he / she will work under the responsibility of the Deputy Head of Business Development.
- Engineering degree in material science, mechanical engineering, physics, chemistry and related fields are needed. A further degree related to business or management (e.g. MBA) would be an asset.
- Competences in metallurgy are requested.
- A certain familiarity with the problematics of the interaction and the relationship between industry and academia would be appreciated, in particular associated with the understanding of the mechanisms of the open innovation.
- Previous experience in a synchrotron source would be an asset.
- At least two years’ experience in a similar position.
- Excellent written communication and editing skills in English are essential.
- Ability to be organised and analytical, but also to take initiative and deliver original ideas.
- Professionalism, trustworthiness, self-motivation and the ability to work both autonomously and collaboratively.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package designed to support your quality of life and your installation in the Grenoble area when relocation is needed. The monthly salary may be complemented by additional allowances upon eligibility. The ESRF is an equal opportunity employer and encourages diversity.
To apply for this job please visit esrf.gestmax.eu.