Job title: Business development engineer for battery research
Contract type: Time-limited contract
Salary range: 36-41K€
Publication start on Front Office: Site internet: 30/08/2021
Contract duration: Fixed term contract – 18 months
CONTEXT & JOB DESCRIPTION
The business development engineer will be responsible for building and running a business development programme for the ESRF in the domain of batteries. This project is undertaken in the context of TEESMAT and BIG-MAP, two flagship initiatives funded by the EC in the H2020 programme.
He / she will ensure the valorisation and promotion of the technical solutions offered by the ESRF in the battery domain, to identify the industrial targets, to define the market positioning and to maintain and develop the activities of TEESMAT. In this highly collaborative context, he / she will also have the mission of coordinating the activities among the various partners in the consortium to ensure continuity and flawless alignment of the emerging project with respect to the framework in place. As the driving force of the project, he / she will be in charge of the following tasks:
- In conjunction with the partners of TEESMAT, the candidate will contribute to the launch of the TEESMAT Open Innovation Test Bed commercial platform.
- Monitor and pilot the various activities carried out with the different partner of TEESMAT.
- Coordinate the commercial promotion in the battery domain for the ESRF.
- Identify, build and develop high potential industrial relationships in the short and medium term, with the industrial partners in BIG-MAP.
- Organise meetings and visits of customers and industrial partners to member facilities of the programme.
- Plan, promote and organise events, training workshops and participate in trade fairs and conferences in the domain of battery.
- Occasional reporting activity.
- At the end of the contract, a commercial development plan for the battery domain will be delivered, containing a marketing plan.
The candidate will be recruited in the Business Development Office (BDO) of the ESRF and will act full time on TEESMAT and BIG-MAP supporting transversally the actions of all partners.
- Engineering degree or PhD in material science, physics, chemistry, electrochemistry and related fields are needed. A further degree related to business or management (e.g. MBA) would be an asset.
- Competences in design and processes for battery manufacturing are requested.
- A certain familiarity with the problematics of the interaction and the relationship between industry and academia would be appreciated, in particular associated to an understanding of the mechanisms of the open innovation programme.
- Previous experience at a synchrotron source would be an asset.
- At least two years’ experience in a similar position.
- Excellent written communication and editing skills in English are essential.
- Ability to be organised and analytical, but also to take initiative and deliver original ideas.
- Professionalism, trustworthiness, self-motivation and ability to work both autonomously and collaboratively in a dynamic environment.
18 month temporary contract.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package designed to support your quality of life and your installation in the Grenoble area when relocation is needed.
The monthly salary may be complemented by additional allowances upon eligibility (expatriation allowance, etc.).
The European Synchrotron, the ESRF, is an international research centre based in Grenoble, France.
Through its innovative engineering, pioneering scientific vision and a strong commitment from its 700 staff members, the ESRF is recognised as one of the top research facilities worldwide. Its particle accelerator produces intense X-ray beams that are used by thousands of scientists each year for experiments in diverse fields such as biology, medicine, environmental sciences, cultural heritage, materials science, and physics.
Supported by 22 countries, the ESRF is an equal opportunity employer and encourages diversity.
To apply for this job please visit esrf.gestmax.eu.