Job title: Business Development Engineer
Contract type: Permanent contract
Salary range: 36-49K€
Publication start on Front Office : Site internet: 21/05/2021
Contract duration: Permanent
CONTEXT & JOB DESCRIPTION
One of the ESRF core missions is to work with industry. The Business Development Office (BDO) of the ESRF is responsible for creating opportunities for industry to exploit the ESRF’s specialised infrastructure, and manages the access procedures. In this context, the BDO runs a dedicated industrial programme in which the provision of confidential access on commercial mode is one of the key elements.
Your main missions will be the following:
- Identify, build, nurture and develop high-potential industrial relations in the short and medium term, and generate business opportunities to contribute significantly toward the annual income targets of the BDO
- Act as an interface with industrial users to understand their needs and guarantee an appropriate interface with the scientific and technical experts
- Develop new services or enhance existing ones to match commercial client requirements
- Establish annual marketing plans exploiting diverse outreach routes and tools
- Plan, promote and organise events, training workshops and participate in trade fairs and conferences in support of outreach towards industry
- Organise meetings and visits of clients and industrial partners to the ESRF facilities
- Link with EPN Campus and GIANT Campus partners and further afield (such as mediator companies) where relevant to ESRF industrial programme interests
- Readiness to support beamline operation
- Engineering degree or PhD in material science, chemistry, physics or related fields is needed. A further degree related to business or management (e.g. MBA) would be an asset
- Competences in characterisation and in particular X-ray characterisation are requested
- A certain familiarity with the challenges of the interaction and the relationship between industry and academia would be appreciated, in particular associated with understanding open innovation processes
- Previous operational experience in a synchrotron or neutron source would be a strong asset
- At least two years’ experience in a similar position
- Excellent written communication and editing skills in English are essential
- Ability to be organised and analytical, but also to take initiative and deliver original ideas
- Professionalism, trustworthiness, self-motivation and the ability to work both autonomously and collaboratively
We offer a comprehensive benefits package designed to support your quality of life and your installation in the Grenoble area when relocation is needed.
The monthly salary may be complemented by additional allowances upon eligibility (expatriation allowance, etc.).
To apply for this job please visit esrf.gestmax.eu.