CONTEXT & JOB DESCRIPTION
The Buildings & Infrastructure Group develops and upgrades the existing buildings and facilities, defines technical strategies in terms of site evolution for buildings and infrastructure, provides qualified analysis and diagnosis to facilitate the implementation of optimum solutions, and shares its expertise with all stakeholders for new projects.
Within the Construction Unit you will participate in projects for the construction, modernisation, renovation and refurbishment of premises. You will be in charge of:
- Coordinating technical aspects of construction, renovation, and refurbishment works in liaison with other Unit and Group members,
- Carrying out the design and execution of civil engineering works (validation of technical solutions, follow-up of drawings, construction works and building acceptance),
- Writing up technical specifications and preparing cost estimates,
- Optimising costs and planning.
- Higher university degree (Master, MSc, DESS, Diplom, Diploma, Ingenieria Superior, Licenciatura, Laurea or equivalent) in civil or mechanical engineering or industrial engineering.
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience
- Knowledge and/or experience in maintenance projects, construction projects, follow up of studies and works, civil engineering, finishing works.
- Good knowledge of AUTOCAD is an asset.
- Excellent communication skills and able to adapt to changing requirements.
- The working language at the ESRF is English; knowledge of French is required.
Do you recognize yourself in this description? Apply now for your next professional adventure!
What we offer:
- Be inspired by our innovative research institute, with an international workforce from 38 different countries
- Collaborate with global experts on real-world science
- Come and live in a vibrant city, in the heart of the Alps, and Europe’s Green Capital 2022
- Enjoy a workplace designed to support your quality of life
- Benefit from our competitive compensation and allowances package, including financial support for your relocation to Grenoble
For further information on employment terms and conditions, please refer to https://www.esrf.fr/home/Jobs/what-we-offer.html
The ESRF is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from disabled persons.
The European Synchrotron, the ESRF, is an international research centre based in Grenoble, France.
Through its innovative engineering, pioneering scientific vision and a strong commitment from its 700 staff members, the ESRF is recognised as one of the top research facilities worldwide. Its particle accelerator produces intense X-ray beams that are used by thousands of scientists each year for experiments in diverse fields such as biology, medicine, environmental sciences, cultural heritage, materials science, and physics.
Supported by 21 countries, the ESRF is an equal opportunity employer and encourages diversity.
To apply for this job please visit esrf.gestmax.eu.