The ESRF, the European Synchrotron, is an international science facility based in Grenoble, France. Thanks to its high-level, innovative engineering and cutting-edge vision, the ESRF is recognised as one of the top research institutions worldwide, welcoming more than 6 500 scientists every year in fields such as biology, medicine, chemistry, earth and environmental sciences, cultural heritage, materials and surface science, and physics. The ESRF is supported by 22 countries and employs 650 staff.
Time-limited contract of 3 years maximum
At the ESRF, the Buildings and Infrastructure Group is in charge of the exploitation and maintenance of the technical infrastructures and of the management and construction of the company buildings. Within a team composed of 6 engineers and technicians, you will participate in projects for the modernization, renovation and refurbishment of premises and the adaptation of our facilities for disabled people.
Your missions are the following:
- Coordinate technical aspects of renovation/refurbishment works by liaising with other group members
- Carry out the design and execution of civil engineering (validation of technical solutions, follow up of drawings, construction works and acceptance of buildings)
- Carry out the works, reception and commissioning of works
- Write technical specifications and prepare cost estimates
- Optimise costs and follow up planning
PROFILE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Higher university degree (Master or equivalent 300 ECTS diploma) in civil engineering or related field
- 2 to 6 years of relevant professional experience: maintenance projects, construction or revamping projects, follow-up of studies and works, civil engineering, finishing works
- Good knowledge of AUTOCAD is an asset
- Communication skills and ability to adapt to changing requirements
- Knowledge of French is required; professional English is a plus (working language at the ESRF)
We offer a comprehensive benefits package designed to support your quality of life and your installation in the Grenoble area when relocation is needed. The annual gross salary will be within the range 30 – 41 k€ and additional allowances may apply (expatriation allowance, etc.).
The ESRF is an equal opportunity employer and encourages diversity.
If you are interested in this position, please apply by 05/04/2018.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://www.esrf.eu/Jobs/english/recruitment-portal →