CONTEXT & JOB DESCRIPTION
As part of the Detector & Electronics Group within the Instrumentation Services and Development Division, the Electronics Unit provides development and support capabilities in the fields of electronics required in instrumentation control for the ESRF’s experimental stations and accelerator complex, fast digital electronics and data acquisition systems for detectors and sensors, and high-precision analog solutions.
Within the Electronics Unit, you will lead a small team that provides a range of services including assembly, installation and cabling, configuration and maintenance of instrumentation and electronic equipment.
You will work under the responsibility of and in close collaboration with the Head of the Electronics Unit by identifying opportunities for technical and process improvement, and contributing actively in multidisciplinary projects.
Your core missions will be:
- Ensure the smooth operation of control electronics for the experimental stations and the accelerator complex
- Provide leadership for the Electronics Operation and Services Team to deliver the best possible service
This involves the following tasks:
- Manage the activities and resources of a team in charge of the electronics operation by providing its members with direction, support and motivation
- Contribute to the development, improvement and operation of control electronics solutions
- Actively contribute with electronics expertise in multidisciplinary projects
- Deliver high quality reporting and expert advice to guide future approaches
- Apply valuable engineering experience to the Electronics Unit activities
- You should hold a higher university degree (Master or equivalent diploma offering 300 ECTS) in Electronics or a related discipline
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in electronics engineering with a proven experience in team management.
- Good IT skills and sound knowledge and experience in one more of the following fields: analog and digital electronics design, scientific instrumentation, motion control, control systems
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with experience in providing leadership or managing small teams
- Familiarity with technical project and operations management would be an asset
- Strongly collaborative team player, committed to delivering the best possible service
- Ability to adapt to new situations and learn new skills
- Ability to manage time and to prioritise and plan work effectively
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
We offer a comprehensive benefits package designed to support your quality of life and your installation in the Grenoble area when relocation is needed.
The monthly salary may be complemented by additional allowances upon eligibility (expatriation allowance, etc.).
To apply for this job please visit esrf.gestmax.eu.