The Consortium for Construction, Equipment and Exploitation of the Synchrotron Light Laboratory (CELLS) is jointly funded by the Spanish Government through its Ministerio de Ciencia, Innovación y Universidades (Ministry of Science, Innovation and Universities) and the Generalitat de Catalunya (Catalan Autonomous Government) through its Departament d’Empresa i Coneixement (Ministry of Business and Knowledge). The accelerator was commissioned in 2011 and the Beamlines started official operations in May 2012. The control systems for the accelerators complex and all beamlines use common tools and reuse most hardware and software. However every beamline and adjacent laboratories requires particular developments for data acquisition and on-line data analysis. CELLS offers you a unique opportunity to participate in this adventure as part of a dynamic team with many possibilities in an great environment. Come and join us! The controls software section consists of 17 staff members. The section is part of the computing division with its 52 staff members. This position is reserved for those applicants that legally have a degree of disability equal to or more than 33%. In case that there would not be candidates with these declared disabilities the rest of candidatures will be evaluated.
– Develop Software for the control system, data acquisition and data analysis of the Alba’s Beamlines and Accelerators.
– Participate in the development of the Alba control system, including the core, graphical components and support for detectors.
– Take part of scrum teams in control software development projects.
– Participate in the development, integration and support of data analysis software used in our Beamlines and peripheral laboratories.
– Provide support for all services related to the control systems, in particular for Beamlines during operation.
– University degree in Computer Science, Physics, Engineering or other discipline of proven similar technological capacities. Last year students (at least 180 ECTS achieved) will be also considered and shall attach their academic Transcript of Records (ToR).
– Proven programming skills in any of C, C++, Python, Java, and Qt.
– The following technical capacities will be considered an asset (in order of priority):
+ Software interfaces, Network-based distributed control systems (e.g. TANGO, EPICS), Sardana, and Synchrotron’s Beamline Control.
+ Image processing, HPC/HTC configuration/development.
+ Packaging, Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery.
+ Linux power user and administration.
– Previous experience working in an accelerator or similar scientific institution will be an asset.
– Experience in multi-developer software projects will be considered an asset.
– Knowledge in ITIL and PRINCE2 will be considered an asset.
– Good interpersonal skills and capabilities to work in a group, as well as to work independently for some tasks.
– The working language at ALBA is English. A good level of English both written and spoken is required.
To apply for this job please visit intranet.cells.es.