Lunds universitet, MAX IV, Controls & IT
Lund University was founded in 1666 and is repeatedly ranked among the world’s top 100 universities. The University has 40 000 students and 7 600 staff based in Lund, Helsingborg and Malmö. We are united in our efforts to understand, explain and improve our world and the human condition.
The MAX IV Controls and IT team (KITS) deliver solutions to the whole MAX IV organisation in the areas of control system hardware, controls software applications, infrastructure and networking, information management and scientific software. This is a dynamic and highly challenging environment and requires close collaboration with the staff in order to understand the needs and be effective in forming solutions. We are around 50 people in total who work in 5 domains in a well organised and agile way. We hold values of lean management, knowledge spread, user autonomy, continuous improvement and flexibility as guiding principles for our work.
Are you the new Data Acquisition Engineer that will boost research potential of the scientists?
MAX IV is continuously increasing its performance and the KITS group needs a dedicated focus on the data acquisition system to exploit the full capabilities of the synchrotron light. In this position you will bridge science, engineering and the state of the art X-Ray detectors and electron energy analysers to exploit the full capabilities of Sweden’s new flagship laboratory.
As our detector specialist you understand the detector technology from the perspective of physics, software component, electronic design and IT infrastructure and how the data should be treated from the moment it is generated in the electronics to delivering valuable research data into storage.
In a cross functional position you will maintain a strong connection with all the scientists and the suppliers together with the Sample Environment and Detector Support (SEDS) groups. By leading the detector knowledge and collaboration within the KITS group you will increase the efficiency of our detector development by working in the early stages of the decision making.
By having close contact with the users you will have the opportunity to solve problems with new approaches, to be part of published work and to present results at international conferences.
This is the opportunity to join a trusted and open team where continuous improvement and mentorship is part of our DNA. In addition you will improve your technique and spread the knowledge on best practices.
- Develop solutions to integrate detectors and electron energy analysers in the data acquisition system with the support of KITS and SEDS teams
- Manage the whole process of detector integration from hardware to data analysis
- Participate in detector collaboration and communication with detectors suppliers
- Provide troubleshooting support regarding the data acquisition system
- Higher level education in Physics, Electronics or relevant technical field
- Demonstrated knowledge/full understanding of X-ray detector technology
- Demonstrated skills of software programming in C, C++, python
- Demonstrated good communication skills in a collaborative / supplier relationship
- Good command of both written and spoken English
Additional Desirable Qualifications
- Phd in Physics or e-Science
- Experience in Detector Technology, Data Acquisition and Scientific Application
- Knowledge in Electronics design
- Understand Electronics and Detector read-out technology
The successful candidate
- Takes the initiative, starts activities and achieves results
- Sets high goals and works hard to attain them. Is job-focused and actively seeks challenges
- Works well with other people.
- Leads, motivates and empowers others in order to achieve common goals in an efficient way. Coordinates groups and becomes a reference for others. Creates commitment and participation
- Often comes up with ideas and new approaches to work-related issues. Has an innovative way of thinking which can be put into practice and which leads to results
Probation period may apply.
|Type of employment||Tillsvidareanställning|
|Contract type||Full time|
|Number of positions||1|
|Last application date||28.Apr.2019 11:59 PM CET|
To apply for this job please visit lu.varbi.com.