The ESRF, the European Synchrotron, is an international science facility based in Grenoble, France. Thanks to its high-level, innovative engineering and cutting-edge vision, the ESRF is recognised as one of the top research institutions worldwide, welcoming more than 6 500 scientists every year in fields such as biology, medicine, chemistry, earth and environmental sciences, cultural heritage, materials and surface science, and physics. The ESRF is supported by 22 countries and employs 650 staff.
In the context of the Extremely Brilliant Source project (see http://www.esrf.fr/about/upgrade for details) the ESRF Structural Biology Group is preparing the refurbishment and upgrade of its facilities with an emphasis on a new generation of automation, particularly in the area of synchrotron serial crystallography (SSX). We are therefore seeking a candidate with a strong scientific and programming background to work on the development and implementation of pipelines for the automatic analysis and treatment of data from SSX experiments.
As a Data Analysis Scientist for SSX methods, your missions are the following:
- Coordination of SSX-related software activities
- Development and documentation of data processing pipelines for SSX
- Development of new data mining protocols for synchrotron-based SSX experiments
- Provision, via in-house research collaborations, of data analysis support to MX beamline scientists and external users
- Development and documentation of software for the alignment of sample delivery devices for SSX experiments
Further information may be obtained from Max Nanao (+33 (0)4 76 88 40 87, email@example.com).
PROFILE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- PhD in a computing, physical, chemical or biological science, preferably in Structural Biology
- Several years’ postdoctoral experience in the development of data analysis pipelines for MX
- Several years’ experience in programming in PYTHON
- Familiarity with low level MX beamline control software is an asset
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interact with multi-disciplinary staff and users
- Good time management skills and ability to prioritize
- Proficiency in English (working language at the ESRF)
We offer a comprehensive benefits package designed to support your quality of life and your installation in the Grenoble area when relocation is needed. The monthly salary may be complemented by additional allowances upon eligibility (expatriation allowance, etc.).
The ESRF is an equal opportunity employer and encourages diversity.
If you are interested in this position, please apply by 23/09/2018.
To apply for this job please visit www.esrf.eu.