Join our team
European XFEL is an international non-profit company located in the Hamburg area in Germany. It operates a 3.4 km-long X-ray laser, which produces X-rays of unique quality for studies in physics, chemistry, the life sciences, materials research and other disciplines. The diverse scientific facilities at European XFEL enable scientists from across the globe to carry out a wide range of experimental techniques.
In the context of the DAPHNE4NFDI (DAta for PHoton and Neutron Experiments) project which is funded by the National Research Data Infrastructure we are looking for a:
Data Visualization Developer (f/m/d)
We invite applications from computer scientists with keen interest in working in a scientific environment as well as scientists with experience in software engineering.
The main focus of the position is to take a major role in developing solutions for visualization, inspection and analysis of data and metadata produced at the European XFEL.
As part of the Data Analysis group you will:
- Contribute to the architecture and development of a system to capture, visualize and analyze metadata deriving from the experiment, analysis software and users’ input
- Contribute to the development of the infrastructure to trigger, version and reproduce data analysis results
- Be the main developer of the front-end of the above-mentioned systems
- BSc, MSc or PhD in Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics, Engineering, or similar field
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Good command of English
The following are considered as assets:
- Programming experience within a scientific context
- Experience in data analysis and visualization
- Experience with creating REST APIs and Swagger
- Experience with databases
For additional information, please contact Luca Gelisio (firstname.lastname@example.org) .
Working place will be Schenefeld in the Hamburg metropolitan area. General information on working in Germany, the Hamburg area and the European XFEL can be found under www.xfel.eu/careers.
Become part of a vibrant international and multi-cultural team of scientists, engineers, technical and administrative staff. Be involved in cutting edge scientific and technical progress, participate in our international networks, and shape your life upon trust based flexible working times and telecommuting options. Experience our atmosphere of tolerance and respect.
Salary and benefits are similar to those of public service organizations in Germany. In addition European XFEL provides a non-contributory company pension scheme, broad relocation benefits, as well as subsidized job-tickets and meals at our company restaurant. The European XFEL GmbH intends to achieve a widely international staff. Company language is English, non-German candidates hired from abroad receive an international allowance.
This appointment is limited to 2 years.
05 October 2022
Please apply online and provide a cover letter next to a CV in English, as well as your work certificates in one single pdf-file.
Applicants with disabilities will be given preference over other equally qualified applicants The European XFEL GmbH is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and encourages applications from women.
To apply for this job please visit www.xfel.eu.