Job title: Detector/Electronics Technician
Contract type: Time-limited contract
Salary range: 27-30K€
Publication start on Front Office : Site internet: 21/05/2021
Contract duration: Fixed term contract – 18 months
CONTEXT & JOB DESCRIPTION
In a team of 20 engineers and technicians, you will participate in the production, operation, maintenance and development of X-ray detectors for synchrotron radiation beams. You will be technically supervised by the engineers of the group and will interact strongly with other staff from different technical teams such as mechanics and software, as well as technical and scientific staff at the beamlines.
Your missions will be the following:
- Design, build or modify X-ray detectors from the electronics layout, wiring circuit board and interface to their integration in a mechanical housing
- Carry out repairs on simple and complex X-ray detectors
- Perform electronics and physics characterization of sensors
- Test and evaluate different kinds of X-ray detectors
- Assist in the development of X-ray detectors
- You should hold a Technical/Academic degree (Bachelor or equivalent diploma worth at least 120 ECTS) in electronics.
- At least one year of experience as analogue electronic design technician
- Very good knowledge of CAD tools for the design of electronic equipment
- Good understanding of high speed analogue designs
- Familiarity with EMC and ESD lab
- Well-organized and methodical approach to work
- Aptitude for team work and ability to interact with multi-disciplinary staff in an international setting
- Proficiency in English (working language at the ESRF)
Fixed term contract – 18 months
We offer a comprehensive benefits package designed to support your quality of life and your installation in the Grenoble area when relocation is needed.
The monthly salary may be complemented by additional allowances upon eligibility (expatriation allowance, etc.).
To apply for this job please visit esrf.gestmax.eu.