The ESRF, the European Synchrotron, is an international science facility based in Grenoble, France. Thanks to its high-level, innovative engineering and cutting-edge vision, the ESRF is recognised as one of the top research institutions worldwide, welcoming more than 6 500 scientists every year in fields such as biology, medicine, chemistry, earth and environmental sciences, cultural heritage, materials and surface science, and physics. The ESRF is supported by 22 countries and employs 650 staff.
We are currently seeking to recruit a:
Detector / Electronics Technician
In a team of 20 engineers and technicians, you will participate in the development, production, operation, maintenance and purchase of X-ray detectors and associated equipment for synchrotron radiation experiments. You will work under the technical supervision of the engineers of the group and will interact strongly with other technical teams in the areas of electronics, mechanics and software, as well as with technical and scientific staff from the experimental stations (beamlines).
Your missions include:
- Test and evaluation of different kinds of X-ray detectors
- Construction of X-ray detectors from the electronics layout, wiring circuit board, interface and their integration in mechanical housing
- Electronic and physical characterisation of various types of sensors
- Participation in the development of X-ray detectors
- Production and support of detectors regularly used at the ESRF
PROFILE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- You should hold a technician degree (BSc, Licence, HND, HNC, BTS, DUT, Bachelor, Meister, Vordiplom, Perito, Laurea Triennale, Diplomatura, Ingenieria Técnica or equivalent) in electronics or physical measurements
- 8 to 15 years of professional experience in the integration of sensors or similar devices
- Strong background in measurement, experimentation and analog electronics design
- Self-motivated, able to manage your time to conduct tasks in parallel and work in small teams
- Experience working in scientific or medical instrumentation facilities is an asset
- Ability to communicate in English (working language at the ESRF)
In the interviews, you should expect a practical test, including the ability to analyse electronic schemes.
The annual gross salary will be within the range 28–36 k€ and additional allowances may apply.
The ESRF is an equal opportunity employer and encourages diversity.
If you are interested in this position, please apply by 21/01/2018.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://esrf.profilsearch.com/recrute/fo_annonce_voir.php?id=587 →