- Job title: Detector Engineer
- Ref.: 8201
- Contract type: Permanent contract
- Salary range: 40 – 56 K
CONTEXT & JOB DESCRIPTION
The Detector Unit provides consulting, support and development capabilities in the area of X-ray detectors for the ESRF beamlines, including selection, specification and characterization of commercial detectors or development of detector systems. In a team of scientist, engineers and technicians, you will participate in the operation, maintenance and development of X-ray detectors for synchrotron radiation beams.
Your missions include:
- The development, characterization and/or integration of X-ray detector, optical device, sensors and cameras in the area of indirect detection for fast X-ray imaging
- The implementation of modeling and simulation tools (Geant4, Comsol, …)
- The contribution to detector deployment and maintenance on beamlines by providing support and advice
- The creation and/or maintaining collaborative links with external partners in detectors development.
You will be integrated into a team of scientists and engineers from the Detector Unit in the areas of detectors, electronics and will interact in very close collaboration with other research laboratories, academic and industrial partners at an international level.
- Higher university degree (Master, or equivalent diploma offering 300ECTS) and/or PhD in physics, optics, instrumentation or closely related science
- At least 5 years of professional experience
- Working with X-ray detection and associated instrumentation
- A strong background in modeling and simulating X-ray detector, and imaging system (indirect detection) is desirable
- Good interpersonal skills are essential to integrate into a multidisciplinary and international research team. Good project and time management skills will be an asset
- English proficiency (working language at the ESRF).
We offer a comprehensive benefits package designed to support your quality of life and your installation in the Grenoble area when relocation is needed.
The monthly salary may be complemented by additional allowances upon eligibility (expatriation allowance, etc.).
The European Synchrotron, the ESRF, is an international research centre based in Grenoble, France.
Through its innovative engineering, pioneering scientific vision and a strong commitment from its 700 staff members, the ESRF is recognised as one of the top research facilities worldwide. Its particle accelerator produces intense X-ray beams that are used by thousands of scientists each year for experiments in diverse fields such as biology, medicine, environmental sciences, cultural heritage, materials science, and physics.
Supported by 22 countries, the ESRF is an equal opportunity employer and encourages diversity.
To apply for this job please visit esrf.gestmax.eu.