Helmholtz-Zentrum Berlin für Materialien und Energie GmbH (HZB) operates BESSY II, one of the world’s most advanced synchrotron radiation sources in the VUV and soft X-ray range, as well as a special storage ring for metrology (MLS) as a radiation standard on behalf of the Physikalisch Technische Bundesanstalt (PTB).
A project team at HZB has already been planning successor facilities for BESSY II and MLS (BESSY III and MLS 2) since the beginning of 2020. BESSY III is scheduled to begin operations in 2030.
As part of the bERLinPro project to build a new linear accelerator with energy recovery and lowest emittance, HZB is planning and building a modern test facility for basic accelerator physics research.
Synchrotron radiation (photons) will be used for experiments at a wide variety of measuring stations. The beamlines for the electrons as well as photons require highly precise adjustment. Measurement technology is essential for the successful operation of our accelerator facilities as well as for the realisation of future projects.
- Planning and execution of all surveying tasks concerning the operation and construction of accelerator facilities
- Advising and supporting other specialist groups in the Centre with regard to the surveying and adjustment of facility components and the procedures required for this purpose
- Supervision of the surveying equipment and programs available in the center as well as necessary new/replacement purchases
- Maintaining contacts and exchanging experience with comparable facilities/institutes and companies
- Representation of the Center at meetings and conferences
- Completed Diploma or Master degree in the field of surveying and geodesy
- Experience in the independent planning and implementation of project
- In-depth knowledge of engineering surveying
- Experience with measurements of highest accuracy (sub-mm range)
- Experience with the program systems SpatialAnalyzer and PANDA
- Very good written and spoken English
- Independent and self-reliant way of working
What we offer
Fixed term contract for 24 months . The salary is based on the Collective Agreement for the German Public Service (TVöD-Bund).
We particularly welcome applications from women. Preference will be given to handicapped applicants provided equal suitability.
How to apply
We look forward to receiving your application via our application management system by 21.04.2021. For reasons of data protection regulations, we are unfortunately unable to consider applications that reach us by email or by mail in the application process.
For German version, please click on the following link: German Version.
To apply for this job please visit recruitingapp-5181.de.umantis.com.