CONTEXT & JOB DESCRIPTION
The Buildings & Infrastructure Group develops and upgrades the existing buildings and facilities, defines technical strategies in terms of site evolution for buildings and infrastructure, provides qualified analysis and diagnosis to facilitate the implementation of optimum solutions, and shares its expertise with all stakeholders for new projects.
In a Unit composed of a team of engineers and technicians in the Buildings & Infrastructure Group, you will participate in projects linked to the construction of new buildings and beamlines, the modernization of the facility, under the responsibility of the Construction Unit Leader.
Your missions will be the following:
- Design of Solution for radio protection for the beamlines (solution based on assembly of panel and specific piece of lead)
- Drawings on SOLIDWORKS for Beamlines construction (lead construction, control cabin, routing of cabling and piping).
- Interface and coordination with subcontractors for lead design
- Follow-up of lead construction works
- Drawings on AUTOCAD of all architectural projects, facilities for beamlines and buildings
- Production and modification of drawings for the electrical engineering, HVAC & Fluids and Buildings’ teams or other groups
- Archiving as-built drawings according to in-house procedures (Classeur Autodesk software
- Technical/Academic degree (Bachelor or equivalent diploma worth at least 120 ECTS) in civil engineering, mechanics drafting, sustainable construction or equivalent (BSc, Licence, HND, HNC, BTS, DUT, Bachelor, Meister, Vordiplom, Perito, Laurea Triennale, Diplomatura, Ingenieria Técnica, Staatlich Gepruefter Techniker Maschinenbau, or equivalent)
- 5 to 8 years of professional experience
- Ability to work autonomously and to take initiative
- Proficiency in SolidWorks software is mandatory, good knowledge of AutoDesk software would be an asset
- Excellent communication skills and able to adapt to changing requirements
- Proficiency in English (working language at the ESRF)
We offer a comprehensive benefits package designed to support your quality of life and your installation in the Grenoble area when relocation is needed.
The annual gross salary may be completed by additional allowances (shift allowance, standby allowance, expatriation allowance, etc.).
The European Synchrotron, the ESRF, is an international research centre based in Grenoble, France.
Through its innovative engineering, pioneering scientific vision and a strong commitment from its 700 staff members, the ESRF is recognised as one of the top research facilities worldwide. Its particle accelerator produces intense X-ray beams that are used by thousands of scientists each year for experiments in diverse fields such as biology, medicine, environmental sciences, cultural heritage, materials science, and physics.
Supported by 22 countries, the ESRF is an equal opportunity employer and encourages diversity.
To apply for this job please visit esrf.gestmax.eu.