Unlimited | Start: earliest possible | ID: MMA047/2021 | Application deadline: 03.08.2021 | Full-time/part-time
The Deutsches Elektronen-Synchrotron DESY with its more than 2700 employees in Hamburg and Zeuthen is one of the world’s leading research centers. Research focuses on deciphering the structure and function of matter, from the smallest particles of the universe to the building blocks of life. In this way, DESY contributes to solving the major questions and urgent challenges of science, society and business. With its state-of-the-art research infrastructure, its interdisciplinary research platforms and its international network, DESY has a highly attractive working environment in the scientific, technical and administrative areas as well as for the training of highly qualified junior staff.
The Machine, Diagnostics and Instrumentation Group (MDI) develops and designs electronic, mechanical and (electro-) optical devices for observing the different particle beams in the accelerator facilities.For the development, commissioning and analysis of our beam diagnostic systems in our new accelerator facilities in Hamburg, we are looking for a highly qualified employee.
What we need your support for:
- Designing, planning, coordinating and commissioning electronics for beam position measurement of particle beams
- Technically and scientifically supervise the complete beam positioning system of the PETRA accelerators, in particular coordinate and carry out the technical and machine-physical measurements and analyze and implement the results technically and scientifically
- Plan and coordinate the entire beam diagnostics in the accelerator facilities together with colleagues and analyze and improve them accordingly technically and scientifically or fully develop and implement improvements
What distinguishes us:
Look forward to a unique working environment on our international research campus. We attach great importance to an appreciative cooperation and the well-being of our DESYanerinnen and DESYaner. The equality of all people is important to us. For a better compatibility of professional and private life, DESY offers flexible working hours, variable part-time work and job-sharing models. You benefit from our family-friendly and collegial atmosphere, our established health management and our company pension scheme. As a public employer, we offer you a secure job and support your individual development with our extensive training and further education offers. The remuneration is made in accordance with the regulations of the TV AVH.
What distinguishes you:
- Completed scientific higher education in electrical engineering or equivalent expertise, skills and experience
- Experience in electronics development, simulation, measuring instruments and the interpretation of results
- Very good knowledge of high-frequency and analog electronics as well as modern digital technology
- Good knowledge of accelerator technology and particle beam diagnostics
- Very good knowledge of FPGA programming
Mr. Kay Wittenburg will be happy to answer any technical questions you may have at 040-8998-3956.
Please send us your detailed application documents stating your salary expectations.
We look forward to receiving your application via our application
DESY promotes equal opportunities and diversity. The professional development of women is particularly important to us and therefore we urge women to apply for the position to be filled. Applications from severely disabled people will be given preference if they are equally suitable.
Further information can be found at: https://www.desy.de/karriere/ Deutsches Elektronen-Synchrotron DESY Human Resources Notkestraße 85 22607 Hamburg Phone: +49 40 8998-3392
To apply for this job please visit v22.desy.de.