As an Electrical Testing Technician you will report directly to the Senior Electrical Technician responsible for the management and carrying out of electrical testing. You will carry out installation and commissioning tasks and be able to mark up drawings with as-built information and complete test certification. Using your experience you will also contribute to the detailed planning of the testing of the beamlines, accelerators and the facility. other duties of the post are as follows;
- New installations or modifications to Diamond’s existing Low Voltage electrical distribution network.
- Cabling and wiring of electrical circuits throughout the facility including the termination and testing.
- Monitoring and testing duties, as required by the Statutory Authorities.
- Assistance with operation and maintenance of the facilities plant.
- Problem solving and fault diagnosis on site electrical distribution services.
- Liaison with; internal staff, external contractors, service engineers and suppliers.
- To keep up to date records of all testing documentation.
- To carry out and assist with the preparation of safety risk assessments and method statements, (RAMS).
- Participation in Health and Safety and Quality Assurance procedures as appropriate to the post. General site safety awareness and adhering to Diamond’s Safe Systems of work, Authorisation to Work (ATW) / Permit to Work (PTW) working in both CDM and non-CDM areas.
- To undertake other related duties to meet the needs of Diamond’s Installation and Facilities Group.
To apply for this job please visit vacancies.diamond.ac.uk.