We do science with photons and enable synchrotron radiation research. To this end, we develop and operate world-leading experiments in an international research environment. Together we determine the physical and chemical principles that have a decisive influence on energy efficiency and selectivity in functional materials and molecular systems. Synchrotron radiation makes it possible to gain access down to the level of individual atomic units. You will strengthen the “Photon Science Engineering” team within the institute as an engineer with your technical skills.
- In close consultation with scientists and students, you will design the functionality, control and data acquisition of complex research set-ups with synchrotron radiation in terms of software and hardware.
- You will develop, install and optimize scientific experiments in close coordination with our specialist departments, the HZB workshops or external suppliers and service providers.
- In our research laboratories, you will take on maintenance, fault analysis and further development of ultra-high vacuum systems, laser and detector systems with an individually tailored focus based on your skill profile.
- In our research team, you support students and researchers on the technical side in setting-up and dismantling or adjusting experiments, e.g. craning an experimental chamber and manually aligning it with high precision.
- You document technical aspects of research equipment and thus enable safe experimental working conditions for our users.
- Completed master’s degree in physical technology or comparable engineering degree
- In-depth knowledge of electronic measurement, control and automation technology. Including hardware and software knowledge, e.g. microprocessor programming, C, C ++, Python, MatLab
- Knowledge of optical systems, the use of light and X-rays as well as UHV technology are an advantage, as well as knowledge of the interaction between construction elements and computer-aided construction
- Independent and goal-oriented approach to work
- Willingness to learn new skills
- Ability to work in our international and diverse team
- Excellent German language skills (min. C1 level) and advanced English language skills (min. B1 or B2 level).
Your benefits at HZB
- Work in an international research environment with to state-of-the-art technical tasks.
- A secure job that is not affected by crises
- A wide range of internal and external training opportunities
- Work-life balance
- Flexible working hours
- 39-hour week
- 30 days paid leave
- Company pension plan
- And a team that looks forward to meeting you!
The employment contract is unlimited. The salary is based on the Collective Agreement for the German Public Service (TVöD-Bund).
How to apply
We look forward to receiving your application via our application management system by 14.10.2021. For reasons of data protection regulations, we are unfortunately unable to consider applications that reach us by email or by mail in the application process.
We strive to increase the proportion of female employees and are therefore particularly pleased to receive applications from women. Disabled applicants with equal aptitude are given preference.
For German version, please click on the following link: German Version.
To apply for this job please visit recruitingapp-5181.de.umantis.com.