Through cutting-edge research in the fields of ENERGY, HEALTH and MATTER, Helmholtz-Zentrum Dresden-Rossendorf (HZDR) solves some of the pressing societal and industrial challenges of our time. Join our 1.400 employees from more than 50 nations at one of our six research sites and help us moving research to the next level!
HZDR invites applications for the position of the project manager (all genders) for the EU project ReMade@ARI, responsible for the daily management and the implementation of activities of HZDR in this project, under the supervision of the coordinator. The position will be available starting from 1 October 2022.
The employment contract will be limited until 31 August 2026.
Scope of the project:
ReMade@ARI is a project under Horizon Europe, aiming at accelerating the transition to a Circular Economy by initiating a paradigm shift in research on materials with a high reuse potential. Forty operators of world-class analytical research infrastructures from the ARIE network join forces to create a unique platform for materials research for the Circular Economy, providing unprecedented all-round services for users from academia and from industry. This project will run under the coordination of the HZDR.
As a project manager, you will play a pivotal liaison role in the project, spanning all work packages and tasks, including, but not limited to:
- Acting as the centre of communication between all internal and external stakeholders of ReMade@ARI
- Proactive regular exchange with the work package and task leaders
- Preparation of meetings of the General Assembly and of the Executive Board in collaboration with the coordinator and the chair of the Executive Board respectively; support for the preparation of work package meetings upon request
- Drafting of meeting minutes
- Overseeing the timely preparation and submission of project deliverables and milestones in close collaboration with the work package and task leaders
- Coordinating the preparation and editing of the periodic reports including drafting contributions on general project activities
- Close observation of the European funding landscape to identify opportunities for strategic collaborations and for securing funding for additional or future activities of the ReMade@ARI consortium; if applicable, co-drafting and supporting the preparation of respective proposals
- Master or Diploma degree
- Strong interest in science and either a good knowledge base in research infrastructures and materials research or curiosity and openness to familiarize with a completely new topic
- Extensive experience with the management and implementation of EU contracts and grants in complex organisations, including proposal submissions and reporting
- Exceptional organisational and planning skills with the ability to coordinate information and processes involving multiple people/teams
- Sound background in current European policy regarding science and innovation and in the structure of funding instruments and rules of the European framework programs
- Excellent English skills, both written and verbal proficiency at a native level English, knowledge of at least one additional foreign language desirable, German would be a plus
- Experience of writing for different audiences and purposes, including funding proposals, and presenting information clearly
- Good interpersonal and relationship-building skills, with the ability to work collaboratively with staff at all levels within the organisation
- Cross-cultural sensitivity and appreciation skills
- Common sense approach, with a positive attitude; ability to multi-task and to take initiative
- Flexibility to adapt to strongly changing workload and to periods of frequent travel
- A vibrant research community in an open, diverse and international work environment
- Scientific excellence and extensive professional networking opportunities
- The employment contract is limited until 31 August 2026
- Salary and social benefits in accordance with the collective agreement for the public sector (TVöD-Bund) including 30 days of paid holiday leave, company pension scheme (VBL)
- We support a good work-life balance with the possibility of part-time employment and flexible working hours
- Numerous company health management offerings
- An employer subsidy for the VVO job ticket
Kindly submit your completed application (including cover letter, CV, diplomas/transcripts, etc.) only via our Online-application-system.
To apply for this job please visit www.hzdr.de.