Lunds universitet, MAX IV, Diffraction & Scattering
Lund University was founded in 1666 and is repeatedly ranked among the world’s top 100 universities. The University has 40 000 students and 7 600 staff based in Lund, Helsingborg and Malmö. We are united in our efforts to understand, explain and improve our world and the human condition.
We are looking for an experienced scientist with expertise in X-ray microtomography, who can help us deliver the ForMAX beamline. In the future the scientist will be part of the team operating ForMAX.
The tasks include:
- Lead the development of X-ray microtomography capabilities at ForMAX.
- Be involved in the design, procurement, construction, and commissioning of the beamline.
- Initiate and participate in activities to strengthen the future ForMAX user community, for example through research collaborations and active participation in meetings, workshops, and conferences.
- Participate in the development of courses and workshops to train new users.
We are looking for a candidate with the following qualifications:
- PhD in a scientific area relevant for the ForMAX project and documented post-doctoral experience within such an area.
- Expertise in X-ray microtomographic imaging, preferably on soft or bio-based materials.
- Strong social and communication skills.
- Good command of written and spoken English.
The following qualifications are considered a merit:
- Past work experience at a synchrotron beamline.
- Experience in design, construction, and operation of synchrotron beamlines and/or complex sample environments.
- Project management skills.
This is a permanent position. Probation period may apply.
|Type of employment||Tillsvidareanställning|
|Contract type||Full time|
|Number of positions||1|
|Working hours||100 %|
|Last application date||05.May.2019 11:59 PM CET|
To apply for this job please visit lu.varbi.com.