Experiment IT Development and Operations Group Leader
- Development of concepts for Experiment IT software needed to setup and operate the SLS and SwissFEL beamlines, especially in the area of experiment control and data analysis and reduction
- Contact person in all Science Software IT matters between the SwissFEL and SLS beamlines and help coordinate the service providers within other divisions
- Close cooperation in the operation and further development of the SLS Beamline IT infrastructure to the extent that a synergy effect with SLS and SwissFEL functions can be expected
- Evaluation and/or development of solutions for additional SLS and SwissFEL software IT needs
- Representation of SwissFEL and SLS interests in external IT relevant projects, e.g. EU projects
- Technical and personnel management of the group incusive developing staff and budget responsibility
- Prior experience in the control, analysis and reduction of large-scale experiments and their data, and/or image processing with/without machine learning and artificial intelligence
- Experience on integrating and deploying workflows and software on HPC clusters
You hold a PhD degree (or equivalent practical experience) in computer science or in natural science with an emphasis in computer science, HPC, or data science. You are a good listener and a strong team player with excellent communication skills and sense of responsibility, fluent in English (spoken and written), speak German (an advantage not a must) or willing to learn it.
Paul Scherrer Institut, Human Resources Management, René Gröbli, 5232 Villigen PSI, Switzerland
To apply for this job please visit www.psi.ch.