Job title: Experimental Safety Technician
Contract type: Permanent contract
Salary range: 29 K€ minimum
Context & Job Description
Within the Safety Group, you will be in charge of dealing with different safety matters related to the experimental program carried out at the ESRF.
Your mission is to ensure the safety follow-up in the following areas:
- Chemistry, biochemistry and biology laboratories, in particular:
- Verification of good code of practice for users of the laboratories
- Updating of safety data sheets
- Updating of chemical inventory
- Distribution and verification of protective equipment, safety labeling, instructions
- Administrative support in the preparation, organization of the start-up of experiments
- Organizational support for periodic inspection of pressure regulators
- Purchasing of chemicals and toxic substances
- Technical/Academic degree (BTS, DUT, Bachelor or equivalent diploma worth at least 120 ECTS) in the field of chemistry
- Practical experience at least 3 years in a chemical laboratory
- Good knowledge of relevant French and European Health and Safety legislation concerning chemicals and hazardous substances
- High level of English (working language at the ESRF) and French
We offer a comprehensive benefits package designed to support your quality of life and your installation in the Grenoble area when relocation is needed.
The annual gross salary may be completed by additional allowances (shift allowance, standby allowance, expatriation allowance, etc.).
The European Synchrotron, the ESRF, is an international research centre based in Grenoble, France.
Through its innovative engineering, pioneering scientific vision and a strong commitment from its 700 staff members, the ESRF is recognised as one of the top research facilities worldwide. Its particle accelerator produces intense X-ray beams that are used by thousands of scientists each year for experiments in diverse fields such as biology, medicine, environmental sciences, cultural heritage, materials science, and physics.
Supported by 21 countries, the ESRF is an equal opportunity employer and encourages diversity.
To apply for this job please visit esrf.gestmax.eu.