The European Synchrotron (ESRF) with EMBL
|Staff Category:||Staff Member|
|Contract Duration:||3 years|
|Grading:||6 and 7, depending on experience and qualifications|
|Closing Date:||21 October 2018|
- A higher university degree (MSc, DESS, Diploma, Licenciado, Laurea or equivalent) in Software Engineering or a related subject.
- Professional Python and Flask programming experience.
- Ideally experience with React JS and proven results of social coding (github, stackoverflow).
- A good level of English is required.
As MXCuBE is currently used at several different European synchrotron sites, the candidate should be able to work in a dynamic international collaboration. Apart from the necessary programming skills, the post holder must be capable of integrating into the multidisciplinary and international JSBG research team.
You might also have
- SocketIO experience would be an asset.
- A knowledge of web server (uWSGI or equivalent and NGINX) and development tools (webpack) is also desired.
- Basic knowledge or experience in scientific instrumentation can be an advantage.
- A basic level in French would be beneficial.
Why join us
What else do I need to know
We are Europe’s flagship research laboratory for the life sciences – an intergovernmental organisation performing scientific research in disciplines including molecular biology, physics, chemistry and computer science. We are an international, innovative and interdisciplinary laboratory with more than 1600 employees from many nations, operating across six sites, in Heidelberg (HQ), Barcelona, Hinxton near Cambridge, Hamburg, Grenoble and Rome.
Our mission is to offer vital services in training scientists, students and visitors at all levels; to develop new instruments and methods in the life sciences and actively engage in technology transfer activities, and to integrate European life science research.
Please note that appointments on fixed term contracts can be renewed, depending on circumstances at the time of the review.
Further information about this position can be obtained from Andrew McCarthy (email@example.com). See also http://www.embl.fr.
To apply for this job please visit www.embl.fr.