Job title: Group Head for the Front End Group
Contract type: Permanent contract
Salary range: 49-57K€
Publication start on Front Office : Site internet: 20/05/2021
Contract duration: Permanent
CONTEXT & JOB DESCRIPTION
The Front End (FE) group is composed of a group head and four technicians and is in charge of all the designing, following up of construction, testing, installing, commissioning and upgrading of the beam line front ends. The group participate in developments for the Accelerator and Source Division (ASD) and ensure all the maintenance and repairs required for the front ends.
As group head of the Front End group, you will report to the ASD Director and your main duties and responsibilities are to:
- Manage the FE group and supervise the group members
- Be responsible for the FE budget implementation
- Manage and coordinate the design, maintenance, procurement, test and installation of the front end equipment
- Develop and implement FE equipment in close collaboration with the technical staff of the Accelerator and Source Division and the Experiments Division
- Be the driving force behind FE development based on the beamlines upgrade
Part of your work could be carried out in shifts, following ESRF regulations.
Further information may be obtained from the ASD Director, Qing Qin (+33 4 76 88 20 37, firstname.lastname@example.org)
- University degree (Master or equivalent 300 ECTS) in mechanics, thermal engineering, vacuum or accelerator engineering related discipline
- Established professional experience in accelerator equipment
- Strong skills in mechanical design
- Fundamental knowledge in vacuum technology and thermal issues
- Basic knowledge of synchrotron radiation light
- Management experience would be a significant advantage
- Project management skills will be an asset
- Team work and good communication skills
- Proficiency in English (working language at the ESRF)
This is a permanent position. Part of the work could be carried out in shifts, following ESRF regulations
We offer a comprehensive benefits package designed to support your quality of life and your installation in the Grenoble area when relocation is needed.
The monthly salary may be complemented by additional allowances upon eligibility (expatriation allowance, etc.).
To apply for this job please visit esrf.gestmax.eu.