Unlimited | Starting date: earliest possible | ID: FSMA062/2023 | Deadline: open | Full-time/Part-time | Remote work possible
DESY, with more than 3000 employees at its two locations in Hamburg and Zeuthen, is one of the world’s leading research centres. Its research focuses on decoding the structure and function of matter, from the smallest particles of the universe to the building blocks of life. In this way, DESY contributes to solving the major questions and urgent challenges facing science, society and industry. With its ultramodern research infrastructure, its interdisciplinary research platforms and its international networks, DESY offers a highly attractive working environment in the fields of science, technology and administration as well as for the education of highly qualified young scientists.
Within the division for photon science, FS, the group for beamline technology, FS-BT, constructs, builds and operates complex parts of the X-ray beamlines at the large research facilities on the DESY campus in Hamburg (PETRA III and FLASH). The FS-BT teams of technicians, engineers and scientists develop complex and future-oriented instrumentation and optics for VUV and X-ray experiments, especially for the upgrade projects FLASH 2020+ and PETRA IV. The group is specialized on vacuum components – up to ultra-high vacuum , mirror and monochromator systems and diagnostic units, their technical safety and the reliable operation of both systems. The group also operates a mechanical workshop for prototyping and manufacturing precision parts.
About your role:
- Leading a group of technicians, engineers and scientists
- Initiate and pursue new working methods/organizational measures
- Analyze and document scientific data
- Publish scientific results and participate in specialist conferences and workshops
- Instruct, advise, support and encourage employees
- Develop and implement innovative concepts for instrumentation in collaboration with the PETRA III and FLASH operating groups
Good reasons to join:
Look forward to a unique working environment on our international research campus. We attach particular importance to appreciative cooperation and the well-being of our DESY employees. Gender equality is an important aspect for us. To support work life balance we offer flexible working hours, variable part-time, job-sharing models and participation in mobile work (up to 50%). You will benefit from our family-friendly and collegial atmosphere, our established health management and occupational pension provision. As a public funded employer, we offer you a secure workplace and facilitate your individual career with our comprehensive training and development opportunities. Remuneration is according to the regulations of the TV-AVH. DESY offers its employees a financial supplement for a German job ticket at both locations.
- Master in physics or engineering or comparable skills and experience, PhD is of advantage
- Very good specialist knowledge of instrumentation of X-ray beamlines on 3rd and 4th generation X-ray sources
- Proven in-depth international research experience and leadership experience
- Ability to work in a team and openness to working in an international team
- Very good communication skills in German and English
For further information please contact Oliver Seeck at +49 40-8998-2603 (email@example.com).
Please submit your complete application documents (letter of motivation, CV and relevant certificates).
Please kindly submit your complete application documents including your salary expectations.
We look forward to receiving your application via our application portal:
DESY promotes equal opportunities and diversity. The professional development of women is very important to us and therefore we strongly encourage women to apply for the vacant position. Applications from severely disabled persons will be given preference if they are equally qualified.
You can find further information here:
Deutsches Elektronen-Synchrotron DESY
Phone: +49 40 8998-3392
To apply for this job please visit v22.desy.de.