Group Leader Experiment IT Development and Operations
Your role will involve collaborating and leading teams of beamline staff and specialists from cross-disciplinary groups providing functional, reliable, and efficient Science IT solutions to meet the external users’ demanding needs, both during and after an experiment.
- Development of concepts for Experiment IT software needed to setup and operate the SLS and SwissFEL beamlines, especially in the area of experiment control and data analysis
- Close cooperation and coordination in the operation and further development of the SLS Beamline IT infrastructure to the extent that a synergy effect with SLS and SwissFEL functions can be expected
- Evaluation and/or development of solutions for additional SLS and SwissFEL software IT needs
- Contact person in all Science Software IT matters between the SwissFEL and SLS beamlines and help coordinate the service providers within other divisions
- Representation of SwissFEL and SLS interests in external IT relevant projects, e.g. EU projects
- Technical and personnel management of the group incl. developing staff and budget responsibility
- Prior experience in the control, analysis and reduction of large-scale experiments and their data, and/or image processing with/without machine learning and artificial intelligence
- Experience on integrating and deploying workflows and software on HPC clusters
You hold a PhD degree (or equivalent practical experience) in computer science or in natural science with an emphasis in computer science, HPC, or data science. You are a good listener and a strong team player with excellent communication skills and sense of responsibility, fluent in English (spoken and written), speak German or willing to learn it.
To apply for this job please visit www.psi.ch.